Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #21

I was born and raised in Florida. I am a beach snob. ;-). I went to Myrtle a couple years ago. Stayed in Pirate land for the lazy river. My son loved it. I found very few good places to eat in Myrtle Beach. Murrell's inlet though had some great places to eat as well as Little River. Myrtle Beach reminded me of Pigeon Forge on the water or Daytona north. More power to y'all who love it. Me not so much a fan or the place. The only other thing to watch out for are hurricanes, especially in August and September.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #22

Drunken jacks, captin Georges, sea captins house all great places to eat in Georgetown take a shell hunting trip on the ice tea, you go out to a private island in Charleston.
Myself and the wife will be at ocean lakes starting Sept 16
railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokyroo View Post
I was born and raised in Florida. I am a beach snob. ;-). I went to Myrtle a couple years ago. Stayed in Pirate land for the lazy river. My son loved it. I found very few good places to eat in Myrtle Beach. Murrell's inlet though had some great places to eat as well as Little River. Myrtle Beach reminded me of Pigeon Forge on the water or Daytona north. More power to y'all who love it. Me not so much a fan or the place. The only other thing to watch out for are hurricanes, especially in August and September.
Pigeon Forge is called the inland Myrtle Beach

Now Ocean Lakes has a large water park open to campground guests only......

If you like crowds Ocean Lakes is said to have about 40,000 guests on any given 4th of July week...... we prefer the off season................

Lots of good places to eat, some as you said not so much, depends on what you like.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillMitch View Post
you guys crack me up, 2 pages of comments and not one
GO WALK THE BEACH
We've vacationed in Myrtle Beach (condo, not camping yet) every 3 years or so for 25 years. What everybody else said is good too
Have fun. When i finally get a bigger TV, we'll be heading that direction as well.

Well that's a given when you can easily walk a few feet or so, (more the or so but an easy walk) from your camper to the beach and watch the sunrise.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 07-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #25

If you can't find good restaurants in Myrtle Beach you didn't look. There are many amazing little Italian places in Myrtle that are locally owned. We try to avoid the big restaurants and the Chains. We hope to be in Myrtle Beach form Sept 21 to 29. We will be at Myrtle Beach Travel Park.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
We just got back from MB last week. Spent 7 days at the KOA. I was surprised how nice that campground was. We rented a golf cart as it seemed the easiest way to get around without paying for parking. We ate at a seafood buffet all you can eat, that was great. It was pretty hot. 1st time and will go back.
We are staying at this KOA starting Sept 16th. I thought this looked as the best option at the time I was ready to make reservations, in terms of price, size, proximity to the beach, etc etc. I would appreciate if you could give more details about your experience there (publicly or privately)
coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroaderone View Post
Drunken jacks, captin Georges, sea captins house all great places to eat in Georgetown take a shell hunting trip on the ice tea, you go out to a private island in Charleston.
Myself and the wife will be at ocean lakes starting Sept 16
We are also arriving in Myrtle Beach on the 16th. Wife 2 Grandskid (13 & 18), but we are staying in the KOA.
Most up to date forecasts are for thunderstorms. Bummer but we'll make the best of it
Old 07-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #28

The American Legion Post 178 located in Murrells Inlet serves lunch 11-230 M-F,Very Good Food & Service! Food Canteen is Open to the Public,7-8$ average price! Youroo!!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The American Legion Post 178 located in Murrells Inlet serves lunch 11-230 M-F,Very Good Food & Service! Food Canteen is Open to the Public,7-8$ average price! Youroo!!
Thanks youroo,
Can you please be more specific as to menu type, suitable for teens and seniors,etc ?
Old 07-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coney View Post
We are staying at this KOA starting Sept 16th. I thought this looked as the best option at the time I was ready to make reservations, in terms of price, size, proximity to the beach, etc etc. I would appreciate if you could give more details about your experience there (publicly or privately)
I have heard that is a good campground we have never stayed there as we like the campgrounds in the area that are on the beach.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 07-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #31

Quote:
We are also arriving in Myrtle Beach on the 16th. Wife 2 Grandskid (13 & 18), but we are staying in the KOA.
Most up to date forecasts are for thunderstorms. Bummer but we'll make the best of it
Hopefully it will just be passing T Storms thy are easy enough to work around...........

Lots to do in the area inside as well.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 07-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Thanks youroo,
Can you please be more specific as to menu type, suitable for teens and seniors,etc ?
They have the "Daily Specials" as well as Full Menu! But I have done Lots of Research on "Eating" for over 70 Years,and have been to Many Family Reunions/Grange/Eagle/Elk/Masonic/Rotary/American Legion/VFW/Lodges and Clubs/and 1000s of Restaurants! My Research has found when Seniors or Kids are Hungry they Eat the Same FOOD! Youroo!! PS When growing up at Home we ALL were offered the Same FOOD,as Dad said,"This is NOT a Short Order Restaurant"!
Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #33

Yep where are the good ole day's....... you sat at the table, you got to choose........ either eat what was there or don't ........................ don't eat until he next meal.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 07-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #34

Quote:
We stayed at a pull thru site, next time we will get the one with the cement pad, grill, etc. The beach is about 3 long blocks away. You can rent a golf cart at KOA which we found was the best to get around. The cost was OK. They had a very nice pool area and store. It was a quite campground while we were there. If you use the rest rooms and showers they are large and quite clean. Very nice park.
Duneit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #35
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

@LB_TN is there camping right now. At Myrtle beach area.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #36

the ONLY campgrounds worth a nickel in Myrtle Beach or nearby are Huntington beach State Park, and Myrtle Beach park.. All other campgrounds are parking lots with a pool and nearly no shade.
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
the ONLY campgrounds worth a nickel in Myrtle Beach or nearby are Huntington beach State Park, and Myrtle Beach park.. All other campgrounds are parking lots with a pool and nearly no shade.
Sorry but respectfully I disagree,...... but you are entitled to your opinion right or wrong.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 07-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #38

We just got back from a week in Myrtle Beach. Didn't take the camper, we stayed in an Air bnb, but we loved the Murrels Inlet area. So many good restaurants there. Wahoos for happy hour was great, super cheap sushi rolls, appetizers and drinks from 4 to 6. Also had great meals at the Claw House, Crabby Mike's buffet (crab legs till you drop), Pier 14 Restaurant and Rip Tydze on the boardwalk. I was shocked at how big those campgrounds are and how many people are coming in and out of them. Not really my idea of camping, I prefer the beach front condo we rented.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
We just got back from a week in Myrtle Beach. Didn't take the camper, we stayed in an Air bnb, but we loved the Murrels Inlet area. So many good restaurants there. Wahoos for happy hour was great, super cheap sushi rolls, appetizers and drinks from 4 to 6. Also had great meals at the Claw House, Crabby Mike's buffet (crab legs till you drop), Pier 14 Restaurant and Rip Tydze on the boardwalk. I was shocked at how big those campgrounds are and how many people are coming in and out of them. Not really my idea of camping, I prefer the beach front condo we rented.
Yes the campgrounds are big but not bad at all in the off season. 4th of July week is the worst for the whole area for crowds.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO