Old 01-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #31

Thanks Jim. We don't have a fixed date. Just before school lets out in the spring or after it goes back in the fall. Ill definitely check out the park you suggested.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #32

We love NYC. We go every couple years for a week or more. We've never taken the RV but I found a park on the Jersey side called Liberty Harbor. It will be our first stop (4 or 5 days) on our NE loop trip.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:02 PM   #33

If you go to Cape Breton, you'll see advertisements for whale watching boat outings. Don't waste your money there. The bay is too shallow for most whales. Go to Digby for better viewing. I can give you details on the one we took if you like. I don't have access to that info at the moment.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #34

In October we traveled from south Jersey to the Aderondacs in NY for a few days. Then to New Hampshire mountain region for a few more days. Then to Narrows Too in Maine for a week. It was a great two week vacation!
We completely missed all the traffic in NY and Massachusetts. Never went over the George Washington or Tapinze bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalQueen View Post
Thanks Jim. We don't have a fixed date. Just before school lets out in the spring or after it goes back in the fall. Ill definitely check out the park you suggested.
If you go during that time frame all cg will be open. If you go to any cg near the coast you will most likely need reservations on weekends. The Jersey shore gets busy in the summer.

Shady Pines is a very nice cg and if you are into birding or photography it is one, if not, the best in Jersey. If you like eagles check out Conowinga Dam in Maryland. There are a couple of cg close but don't remember their names I think it was a state park I use to stay at.

Haven't been in AC in years but have been told the boardwalk is nice sense Sandy came thru.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
If you go to Cape Breton, you'll see advertisements for whale watching boat outings. Don't waste your money there. The bay is too shallow for most whales. Go to Digby for better viewing. I can give you details on the one we took if you like. I don't have access to that info at the moment.

The last time we were in the NE we went whale watching out of Kennebunkport. It was fabulous and we even got to meet the elder President Bush...who was on a little fishing boat. He pulled alongside our big boat and greeted everyone. Very personable. We saw a lot of whales too!
Old 01-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #37

Well living in Cape Breton what ever you saw was not what is there. There is lots of good whale watching in Sydney harbour last summer alone there were 23 different whales and in the fall the Celtic Colours shows. That's why Cape Breton is the largest tourist area in Nova Scotia. 73 cruise ship this year in Sydney harbour.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #38

95 through New York over George Washington can be backed up for miles either way. Road is in desperate need of repair. Motorhomes can only go on upper level so if it's shut down due to an accident it's no fun. Been there and done that. We are planning a trip in May from CT to Hilton Head then back up to Burlington Vermont then home to CT. We are looking forward to it.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:10 PM   #39

We went up to bar harbor last summer. Rather than trying to camp in Canada consider taking rte 2 across NH and VT then pick up 11 in NY or go down 87 and pick up the NY thruway over to Niagara falls. Plenty of campgrounds to choose from.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #40
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvalley View Post
We went up to bar harbor last summer. Rather than trying to camp in Canada consider taking rte 2 across NH and VT then pick up 11 in NY or go down 87 and pick up the NY thruway over to Niagara falls. Plenty of campgrounds to choose from.
dvalley, I'm curious why you'd recommend not crossing the border into Canada. Did you have a bad experience up here?

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote