Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #1

Excellent campground

On our travels back to Georgia, we have found some terrible campgrounds and then we have found a few outstanding ones. One in particular we can mention is in Geneseo, IL. Great sites, owned by a husband and wife team, good flat spots, lots of sahde trees, closs to the town of Geneseo. All sites have either 30 or 50 amp service, black water hook-up, water, wi-fi, no cable tv but reception is pretty good on your antenna. Very quiet and lots of things to do locally.
kickster...
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
On our travels back to Georgia, we have found some terrible campgrounds and then we have found a few outstanding ones. One in particular we can mention is in Geneseo, IL. Great sites, owned by a husband and wife team, good flat spots, lots of sahde trees, closs to the town of Geneseo. All sites have either 30 or 50 amp service, black water hook-up, water, wi-fi, no cable tv but reception is pretty good on your antenna. Very quiet and lots of things to do locally.
kickster...
We lived in Moline for 22 yrs and it is a wonderful area with the exception of the Iowegian scofflaw not that far to the west.

Our whole family was very sad when I got transferred to Hinsdale for IH in Jun of 1981. Loved going to Geneseo to the Farm & Fleet and snowmobiling on the Hennepin Canal up to Tampico. Geneseo also always had great football teams.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #3

I haven't stayed at that campground, but pass by it regularly as I have relatives that live in Geneseo. There are actually a lot of campgrounds in this area that are excellent depending on what you are looking for. Sunset Lakes is a great full service campground with pool, children's activities, lake and all kinds of things to do (OC it was probably a private campground when you were here). There are also some excellent state park campgrounds including Scott County Park (where I first met Turbs in person), West Lake Park, and Illiniwek (the good side of the river ). There is also a KOA in Milan that is alright but they really pack them in. Within an hour there are several others that are great. Really are some great things to do here in the QC area as well!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #4

OH, and OC, we don't have to go to Geneseo to go to Farm and Fleet anymore..... There is one right in Moline now!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #5

LKickLight,

Can you give the name of the campground? I use to live right down he road from Geneseo and I'm looking for a good campground to stay at when I come back to visit for class reunions and such.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #6

Klick light, where there over Labor Day with camper troubles? If so we were camping next to you and have wondered how you made out and if you made it home okay. Safe travels

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
DonCath25ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #7

It is actually called the Geneseo Campground. Just drove by there again today on the way to get my daughter some softball gear in Kewannee.....

http://www.campingfriend.com/Geneseo....asp?file=Home
Old 09-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #8

Cave City RV

Would like to add another great camp site right here in Kentucky, Cave City RV located just behind a Cracker Barrell Resturant. By far this is about the cleanest park, other than Disney that we have ever parked in,,absolutely perfect in everything they do, also a good same, will come back again just cause!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
kickster...
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg