Old 05-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Last year we traveled out east to VT,ME, MA, RI, NY and OH. We ended up in western NEW York for a couple of days and we stayed at the Branches of Niagara which is on an island. Great campground with things to do for the kids and adults. Two other campgrounds we stayed at where Hickory Camp Resort which was in Bath, NY and the other was Herkimer Diamond KOA in Herkimer, NY. This was one of the best KOA's that I have every camp in.
That would be Grand Island😄

VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #12
The most beautiful we stayed at was Crown Point historical campground on the banks of Lake Champlain, just across from Vermont. No hook ups but amazingly beautiful and peaceful. King Philips in Lake George is a nice park, the closest private cg to Lake George village. Our favorite "go to" place is Keuka Lake SP 8 miles outside of Penn Yann, NY. Need to visit the Adirondack region more and hope to do Cooperstown this July.

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #13
I have to say Lake George RV park is very nice. That would get my vote. Caveat. That is the only one in NY that I have been to. lol.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
I just booked Moose Hillock for Americade weekend. They were the only campground that would allow only 2 nights (others had 3-5 night minimums) and they had 30% off!
klarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
Hello all. So as i like to check out new places each year tell me your favorite campgrounds in NY.

My preferred style of campground - Quiet, private sites with lots of large trees up in the Adirondacks, oh and i do everything i can to get a water site.. Some of my favorites have been Fish Creek Ponds, Moffit beach and Lake Eaton.

My kids have always enjoyed the places i like but they prefer the more private owned places with all the activities and amenities. They like Old Forge Camping resort, i have fun but not my favorite.
Have you been to Lewey Lake? We stay at a lot the S.P.'s in the ADK's and that is our favorite spot. Just don't tell anybody else - its getting harder and harder to get a water site...

We also like the row of sites right on the St. Lawrence Seaway at Cedar Point - great spot - but you are very close to your neighbors. Also Wellesly Island SP in that area. Letchworth, Watkins Glenn, and Sampson SP's in the Finger Lakes are nice. We've also been trying to work our way through the SP's along Lake Ontario. Haven't found the perfect spot there yet.

Our kids have always been big fans of Old Forge Camping Resort too. We go for 3-4 nights in July so they can do the water park. But, this has become our "go-to" place for the off season. We are going to paddle fest this weekend (still off-season rate - $22.50 a night for full hookups on a lake front site). Then we'll do a fall weekend and a winter cottage weekend to cross-country ski and snowmobile. July and August, we mostly stick to state parks in the ADK's but for the rest of the year, we've really been going mostly to Old Forge. And Nick's Lake SP in Old Forge has some nice sites too.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #16
Wellesley island state park. over the bridge from Clayton. Thousand islands, sounds rt up your alley. Nice large sites lots of room between. Most on or near st Lawrence. Water between every two or three sites. Elec on sites. No sewer. Quiet. No generators. Lots to do and see. Boat rentals cheap. Fishing swimming relaxing and there's a guy that seals awesome "kiln" dried fire wood on the access road.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #17
Well so far we've planned/booked parking at a family members camp on Hyde lake, old forge camp resort, wny jellystone, Letchworth and trying to find a water site for July 31st weekend. Waited to long I think.

Thinking we might try lake George especially since I have a coupon for free nights that came with my camper. When I look it up on reserve america there are multiple lake George listings, which is the best?
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
Moose Hillock gets our vote .Very large private sites .Great pool with 2 water slides . Awesome staff . Basketball court , play area , horse shoe pits .
camping baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
In the Saratoga area, try Alpine Lakes. Two lakes with a lot of sites that back up to the water. Smaller and less commercial than a lot of private parks, but still FHU.
2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 WS. Rear LR, large street side slide with small wardrobe slide in BR.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Laramie Quad Cab.
wbdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #20
I'm just east of Buffalo. We like Lakeside Beach State Park (near Lake Ontario), Darien Lake State Park, and Eighth Lake in the Adirondacks. We'll be going to Green Lakes State Park near Fayetteville this weekend... that will be our first time camping there.

2014 Tracer Ultra Lite 2670BHS
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi
Camping Trips 2014 - 3 trips, 7 nights
Camping Trips 2015 - 2 trips, 4 nights
(7 more trips planned)
LaxRef93 is offline   Reply With Quote