Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #11

Satellite Beach changed??? Not much...SBHS has new buildings, a few new stores/restaurants, but basically the same. I graduated Boone Hi in Orlando in '73! How time flies...
Andi

Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #12

How about Sebastian Inlet State Park? That is on the coast about. 30 - 40 minutes south of Satellite Beach as you likely remember. When you go to the Keys I highly recommend renting a boat especially if you have never been there before. And if you have not been to the Keys you need to know the beaches are few and far in between. Key West is nice but crowded. I am a middle and upper Keys guy myself as they are a bit more laid back per se. Enjoy your trip.

08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #13

Thanks Smokeyroo. I'll check out Sabastion Inlet. I have only been to KW once, and that was just for a day on a cruise. We would like to go to the beach at least one day. Where would you suggest?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #14

Key West has a beach or two but if you are driving I would say my favorite place in the lower Keys is Bahia Honda State Park. They have a nice beach there...very tropical and undeveloped. If you guys have any boating experience what so ever, then renting a boat and heading to Looe Key is the way to go. There are boat rental places on Big Pine Key which is the closest key to Looe Key which is actually a big coral reef complex. Snorkel head boats are nice but renting a boat and spending the day on the water is awesome. You got to try the deep fried Key Lime Pie at the BBQ place on the Gulf side of US 1 right before the 7 mile Bridge near Marathon.

08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote