Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

First trip fromOhio to lake D'Arbonne LA. WOW!

Our first trip from western Ohio to meet or friends to camp & fish was one to make some quit the long trips.(love my wife(38yrs) as she is a trooper).
We started out on 70 toward Indy to Illinois and down sr57 to sr55 toward West Memphis.I was pulling my 28ft Jaco with my Taho Q3 s/f behind.(peak backup camera on). Blew a l/f camper tire guess,I didn't miss one pot hole but I was taugh at UPS a lot of driving habits and they paid off.
Got it stopped before any damage or the tire coming apart and was on the road again in 15minjust put tire on carrier and tools in cab of tuck.At this point I thought the KOA was just an hour or so away or so I thought!
We had the KOA in the gps and heading down 55 I realized the road it replaced was like a snake and it cut through it,Now KOA had TWO towns in it's address and of course I chose the WRONG on on had us going down a one lane township rd that dead ended at a creek along side SR55. We unhooked the boat,spun it around,backed camper .3-.4 miles to turn it in a field lane. Then back to the boat then called KOA and he gave me the OTHER town name and said it happens a lot!
The next morning we head out to West Memphis & I40 to head toward Little Rock and stop at a Wal-Mart to replace my blown tire This stre sits just off 40 and you twist around to get to it.Well while twisting around I see arches that one must go under(10ft) to get to parking lot.
Again we unhook boat,spin it around,back camper (wife watching traffic) around corner into a different lot and bock back to the boat!NOW we see a sigh that says Wal-Mart truck delivery and parking . We head back and yep there it is TRUCK parking area !An employee said the arches taken a few campers ac units and they were surprised we made it. Well 2hrs later and I40 to sr162 and Lake D'Arbonne,La we headed with no issues to this day!!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:37 PM   #2

Welcome to north Louisiana! Hope y'all enjoy your stay!
doodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #3

Here is a pic of our rig that we traveled to La as well as here in Ohio. Will be getting our Wildcat set up the same way when it warms up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	97943  

Tags
ohio