Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
JEM

First trip to Vermont

We will be going to Vermont in June. We have a FR Birkshire 2011 and will be traveling with our son & his family. This is his first long tip he has a FR Roo, 22 ft., 4kids 14 to 3 yrs old and a dog.
We would like to say in the Brattleboro area, of even in southern New Hampshire.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim McAfee
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #2

When we lived in NE (CT) we went to Hidden Acres... nice, small and was quiet in the evening hours.. close to everything.
BlueOX SwayPro (used when hauling cart too)
TomStacey616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #3

There is a KOA in Brattleboro that has gotten good reviews. try to get to Sam's Outdoor store in town, it's a great old store to jsut roam around on a rainy day. We always go there on our ski trip for outdoor gear.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #4

Hi,
I live in VT but have not camped in that area. I did live outside of Brattleboro for a number of years. There is a campground across the river in Hinsdale, NH. It is called, Hinsdale Campground at Thicket Hill Village which looks nice and reasonable.

Second on going to Sam's Army & Navy when in Bratt. Look for the popcorn machine, grab a bag and walk around the store. Don't forget to go downstairs where all the camping and outdoor gear is.

If anyone in your group has a passion for microbrewed beer, seek out McNeil's on Elliot St. They don't open until 2 but it is worth it. Very kid friendly with long tables and games (board & card type, not electronic).

Hope you enjoy it and post some pics of your adventure.
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #5

Your just getting over the border into Vermont. However, I have to say the Brattleboro KOA is a great campground, clean and friendly. They have a very well stocked store, a nearby farmstand, and a fenced playyard. There are quite a few things to see in the state, nearby is Santasland, many covered bridges, great hiking areas to explore.

Enjoy the trip.
Bill m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #6

I grew up near there, so I haven't ever camped, but the Sam's in Brattleboro is a cool place to visit. Santa's Land used to be a cool place for kids... when I worked there.... in the late 80's!! I haven't been back since then though!! In Westminster VT, Allen Brothers stand has the BEST apple cider donuts. If you get there early enough, they're still warm and crunchy.
ld_engnr is offline   Reply With Quote