Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

FL-NC-FL

Just back from a 10 day trip up to NC. We started in Tampa and drove to Charlotte the first day pulling my Motorcycle.

Spent the night in Charlotte at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

We lucked up where able to watch some teams testing on the big track, my son LOVED it. the ground wasn't much more than a parking lot, but it was level, clean, and wide open. To top it off it was reasonably priced.

We left Charlotte and stayed in Greensboro at the Greensboro Campground. This spot was reasonably priced, but the pull through site was far from level. my front wheels where off the ground about 6"-10" depending on which side of the coach. But, the site was clean and easy to get in and out of.

We managed to even get the Georgetown on the local news after a tornado tore up a campground in Va.

Here is a Link:

Safest places at a campground during storms | myfox8.com

We left Greensboro and headed to Panama City for a long weekend before heading back to Tampa. We stayed at the Emerald Coast RV Resort in Panama City Beach. This place was really nice.

the sites where nice, and the residents were really fun. All the sites where paved with pavers or concrete, and where wide and easy to access. they did charge for Cable and Wi-Fi which I though was a bit much, luckily, we didn't need the cable, and I used my MiFi Card for internet access.

All in all it we where pleased with all the locations for what they where and offered.

I would recommend any of these locations for folks traveling to any of these spots.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Nice

Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #3

Hey go for it Chris, We live about 20 miles south of you in Land of the Old. Sun City Center. I just sold my last motorcycle and was Pres. of Christian Motorcyclists in Tampa for a number of years. We are getting out little 20fter ready to take off for 6 months leaving in October. Nice rig you have and enjoy. We have been on the road for about 5-6 months a year for the past 4 years. John.
We are driving a Ford F250 Gasser and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have a Cairn Terrier. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dog are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #4

John,

I am actually close to you in Riverview, off Big Bend.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote