Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #1

Flamingo Lake RV Park-Jacksonville, FL

I recently booked a trip to NE FL with then intention of staying one night in Jacksonville, and 3 nights in St Augustine.

I booked a night a Flamingo Lake in Jacksonville, but when I arrived the Security guard informed me that I could not check in because it was after midnight. I informed him that when I made the reservation I told the person that took my info that I would be arriving late, and due to an accident on I75 it ended up being later than I expected.

He said that if he let me in he would be written up so he was not willing to take that chance. it did tell me that I could park in the lot across from the Park(which was also owned by the park) for the night. Since it was late and I was tired...I did.

The next morning I went to the office and told them what happened, and the person at the desk literally held up my reservation and said "don't worry about it, you won't be charged for the night." I thanked him and we headed out for St Augustine.

Fast forward a few days, I was checking my credit card activity and low and behold, I see a charge for Flamingo Lake for one night stay at the full rate (never mind I am a Good Sam Member and should have gotten a discount) after the Desk clerk told me I wouldn't be charged.

I called the park and asked why it happened, and the person on the phone indicated that since I didn't show up before midnight, it was considered a no show or cancellation so I was charged.

I reminded him that I did show up, but wasn't allowed in the park, to which he replied since it was after midnight it was technically the next day so it was a no show.

I asked where was it in their reservation policy that you HAD to arrive before midnight, to which he replied its in there somewhere.......(it is not, I checked).
after several calls, emails and more calls I ended up calling the credit card company and had them to reverse the charges. I am still waiting on the results, but I am not a happy camper with Flamingo Lake. I believe this is the 1st campground that I have been to that didn't have after-hours self check in.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #2

They should tell you that when you make the reservation!

We stayed in a park like that once (also in Jacksonville) but they told you like 10 times as you were trying to reserve online that you must be there by 9pm or you get locked out.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #3

We stay at the Koa in Kingsland,Ga as our daughter n family live in the Yulee area you can check it out as its great.Thanks for the heads up on Flamingo Rv resort !
Old 04-11-2016, 01:29 AM   #4
Always Learning

Interesting. I have reservations there in July. Guess I'll make sure that I'm there before midnight!

Definitely had to be frustrating to be told different things by different people.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

Was going to stay there last year for a couple of days. Due to pet restrictions. Ended up at Pecan Park up the road a bit. Hope you get it worked out.

Tags
jacks