Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #21

most of the places are priced about the same in this area .have to gout of area to get cheaper sites.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #22

Also recommend Sun N Fun in Bradenton and Fort Wilderness at Disney. Of course, we find lots of hiking and kayaking at most state parks... Hillsborough River, Myakka River, Rainbow River, Estero, etc.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #23

On your way south, stop at O'Leno State Park near High Springs. It's in the Gainesville area. That park doesn't have much to make you want to go there for itself but it's very close to Ichetucknee Springs. Spend the night at O'Leno, go tubing down the Ichetucknee in the morning, return to O'Leno for dinner, take off the next day. It's a gorgeous way to relax.
- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4x2 5L V8 Hemi

- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #24

Just beware of ticks at O'Leno. Can be very bad.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #25

Has anyone stayed during the winter months at the Upriver RV Resort in Fort Myers, FL? We are looking to reserve a site there for January-March 2016. According to CW, it is rated nicely, but I would like to know what the premium sites are like? We were told that the supersites were all booked. Are the premium sites spacious? Any information would be appreciated...
Old 05-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLee View Post
Has anyone stayed during the winter months at the Upriver RV Resort in Fort Myers, FL? We are looking to reserve a site there for January-March 2016. According to CW, it is rated nicely, but I would like to know what the premium sites are like? We were told that the supersites were all booked. Are the premium sites spacious? Any information would be appreciated...
=====================

Had two friends that stayed there a year ago. Supersites are always taken right away. They said they would go back. Sites were ample but not over spacious. Very close to local restaurants- shops- flea market etc...
Book early as last winter there were all booked up for Jan - March.
Good luck
Old 05-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #27

Thanks billb800si for the info. Do you know approximately how large the sites are? We were told by the office that around 30 x 60 and that the sites have concrete pads for parking the fifth wheel and a concrete patio. I really wanted a supersite, but that doesn't look like it will happen. I dislike being so close to another site...we were at a campground in Naples and the sewer/utilities for the site next to us were right outside our door...I was not a happy camper. I can deal with that for a little while, but if I have to book for 3 months then I want the site to be at least a little roomy and comfortable... any add'l info would be appreciated... Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLee View Post
Thanks billb800si for the info. Do you know approximately how large the sites are? We were told by the office that around 30 x 60 and that the sites have concrete pads for parking the fifth wheel and a concrete patio. I really wanted a supersite, but that doesn't look like it will happen. I dislike being so close to another site...we were at a campground in Naples and the sewer/utilities for the site next to us were right outside our door...I was not a happy camper. I can deal with that for a little while, but if I have to book for 3 months then I want the site to be at least a little roomy and comfortable... any add'l info would be appreciated... Thanks
===========================

My friends say that when you put your awning out it will be close. Ft. Myers & Naples have some of the closest campsites I've ever been in. There are some RV Resorts down there that only allow Motorhomes & 5th Wheels. You may want to try them.
Good luck
Old 05-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #29

Florida campgrounds and things to do

JoLee

If you need someone to look at the camping ground give me a shout. I live a few minutes from 41, just south of Ft Myers

Jon in FL
Old 05-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #30

most suites that are old are very close to each other .not building to many new camp grounds any more not in the east anyway

Tags
mpg