Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Florida FROGs...

DW and I are thinking about heading down to FL to see an old military buddy the 1st of July. I'm looking for a nice place off of I-95, mid way between Savannah, GA and Fort Pierce, FL. We would spend one evening there before heading down to Ft Pierce. Any recommendations? I have seen a lot of post about FL over the past months, but to be honest, can't remember on what thread I saw them Thanks in advance.
__________________

__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 33
St Augustine is about half way between Savannah and Ft Pierce. If you have never been there I would recommend it.
__________________

__________________
hehbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by hehbr View Post
St Augustine is about half way between Savannah and Ft Pierce. If you have never been there I would recommend it.
Thanks any campgrounds by name you'd recommend?
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
DW and I are thinking about heading down to FL to see an old military buddy the 1st of July. I'm looking for a nice place off of I-95, mid way between Savannah, GA and Fort Pierce, FL. We would spend one evening there before heading down to Ft Pierce. Any recommendations? I have seen a lot of post about FL over the past months, but to be honest, can't remember on what thread I saw them Thanks in advance.
The KOA at Daytona is very good and it's right across the street from a LARGE flea market. We stop there on the way to Davenport, FL and on the way home for the last 5 years. Nice campground, very friendly people and the flea market is also great and it is open Fri, Sat, & Sun.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

The KOA at Daytona is very good and it's right across the street from a LARGE flea market. We stop there on the way to Davenport, FL and on the way home. Nice campground, very friendly people and the flea market is also great and it is open Fri, Sat, & Sun.
Thanks Brother!
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 260
Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
If you want a state park try Anastasia Island it is nice. Water and electric only.
__________________
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Blaster 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 246
There are two KOA's in Daytona Beach. The one OC is referring to is exit 261A (International Speedway Blvd or 92). You'll turn right off the ramp and the left at the stop light and you'll see it on the right.
__________________
2013 F150 XLT, SuperCab, Ecoboost; Rockwood 8285WS
Nights camped:
2014 - 57
2015 - 91
2016 - 171
2017 - 107
Blaster 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaGinger View Post
If you want a state park try Anastasia Island it is nice. Water and electric only.
Thanks looking for pics of it now.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 84 View Post
There are two KOA's in Daytona Beach. The one OC is referring to is exit 261A (International Speedway Blvd or 92). You'll turn right off the ramp and the left at the stop light and you'll see it on the right.
DW and I looked one up on the internet. It looked nice. $25.00 a night hope it's the one your talking about. Where is the other one?
Thanks.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Blaster 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 246
The second one is actually a Port Orange address. This is where I keep my rig. Get off at exit 256, turn left. Go approximately 1.5 miles to Nova Rd., turn left, 1/2 mile on the left.

They have a swimming pool, the other KOA does not.
__________________

__________________
2013 F150 XLT, SuperCab, Ecoboost; Rockwood 8285WS
Nights camped:
2014 - 57
2015 - 91
2016 - 171
2017 - 107
Blaster 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.