Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Florida/ georgia

Looking for any recommendations on over 55 sites in fla or ga Jan/April quiet would be nice a lot of trees as weel

Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:33 PM   #2
In Georgia, Reed Bingham and Laura Walker state parks. In Florida, Gold Head Branch and Stephen Foster Cultural Center State Parks. Reed Bingham does have some sites with sewer, all have water and electric. The Georgia parks probably will not require a reservation but both Florida parks stay pretty full.

Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:39 AM   #3
In south GA we stop at Plantation CG near St. Mary, GA----very quiet about 2 miles from I- 95. Our snowbird destination is Suwannee River Rendezvous CG near Mayo, FL---very quiet,nice mgmt and snow birders, wooded area near the river and large open area with nice pool complex, occasional entertainment.

2015 Silverado gas ext cab 2500
2014 Flagstaff 8528IKWS🇺🇸
greymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
Some of our favorite parks in NE Florida are Fort Clinch and Gamble Rogers. Gamble Rogers is not loaded with trees but the beach front sites are fabulous. Fort Clinch is just barely over the Georgia border in Fernandina Beach. The River Campground sites are all wooded. The Beach ones are no shade. We will only camp at the River Campground.

Finding sites at either are very difficult. Check the ReserveAmerica website frequently.

Other great parks are Blue Spring in Orange City. Delightful in the winter as this is a favorite spot for manatees. The colder the weather, the more manatees will be in the spring. Great place to camp! Silver Springs (formerly known as Silver River) is a great one if you want to spend any time on the water. They have kayaks and canoes to rent or you can bring your own. I honestly have not found any Florida State Parks that I would not frequent again. They are not 55+ but the ones that we have been to (and we have been to quite a few over the last 4 years) do not typically have rowdy children. Even at Anastasia Island two weekend ago, it was very quiet. Not much in the way of amenities but that is not what we are after.

Judi in Jax
JudiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
We travel to GA/FL coasts often during spring and fall. Winter temps are closer to those at home (coastal SE NC) so we winter south of Orlando for a little warmth even though we don't have snow at home.
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
I stop for a night on the way down to Florida and the way back at the camping world campground at Valdosta, GA. Not the nicest but good enough for one night and only $20.

Last time I stopped they let me stay for free. I stay near the interstate because it's only one night but it looks like they have some nicer spots further away. One good thing is there's always room. They wouldn't even take a reservation, said just park it and pay us on the way out.
2012 Windjammer 3001W-Florida Permanent site
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB-summer camping and work
2015.5 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ crew cab Z71 4x4
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:17 PM   #7
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Well not really knowing your route hard to suggest cg. However just for kicks Fair Harbor cg at Perry, GA off I 75 south is good with shade and also has an honor system should you arrive after hrs. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #8

Wondering if anyone could suggest some good campgrounds, private or state/county, that would provide an opportunity for sailing at the campground. could be a lake, bay, or gulf. Probably not the ocean. We travel with a travel trailer and take an inflatable sailboat with us. It is just 8 feet and has a modest sail suitable for mild to moderate winds, but it is fun, and we enjoy it. I prefer a campground that borders on the water so I can just pull the boat up at the campsite or nearby.
Puma 26-RLSS travel trailer
Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi Regular cab
15,000 miles towing, 28 weeks camping, 2010 to present
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #9
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Try Blythe Island Regional Park on hwy 301 west of Brunswick and just off I-95 about three miles. All sites have water/sewer/elec and most are shaded.
The CG is right on a large river that goes out to the ocean not too far away. Great marina on the grounds and not but a few miles to fuel/restaurants/truckstops/grocery stores, etc. Make sure you visit St Simons Island and Jekyll Island about 20 miles away.
Also, two large lakes in the CG for fishing/swimming or canoeing. No motors allowed.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison Tuned
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #10
Like the boat. Spouse and I were thinking of getting one. He use to like to sail in days gone by.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote