Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Florida Keys

Another very important question for all who have been to the Florida Keys. Name your favorite restaurants & eating establishments.
Lived in Fla. all of my life & this is our first trip to the Keys. Will be staying @ Curry Hammock S/P & John Pennekamp S/P. Would really like to hear your recommendations.

Thanks
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:15 PM   #2

We are coming to an end of a 3 month stay in Grassy Keys RV Resort. We liked (The Wreck & Grill MM59) (Barracuda Grill. MM49.5) (Burdine's MM47.5) ( Driftwood pizza & subs MM52.5) (Florida Keys Steak & Lobster MM49) ( Frank's Grill MM53.5) ( Sunset Bar & Grill @ the 7 mile bridge) (Tarpon Creek MM53 5)
Enjoy your stay.
PS: Check out the Dolphin Research Center.

__________________________________________________ _________

2015 FR3 30DS
2014 Sonic Toad
Camped 2015 60 days
Camped 2016 88 days
WVFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #3

Thanks WVFR3, I knew somebody would come through. I'll make a note of all suggestions; Dolphin Research Center too.
Much Thanks
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:22 PM   #4

The Wooden Spoon on Marathon Key near the Western end of the airport. Great breakfast with biscuits you won't forget. There is also a Thai restaurant on Marathon that is very good. Small and not easy to find, but worth the effort.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #5

for breakfast, blue heaven in key west is amazing. great atmosphere and excellent food.

blueheaven

kenny chesney flies his grandmother down there just for their key lime pie lol
raiderbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #6

Pizza @ No Name Pub , Big Pine Key
Old 05-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #7

Robbie's on the east end of Lower Matecumbe is a necessary stop. You don't have to feed the tarpon to enjoy it; just watch the other tourists having their forearm swallowed. Also the Islamorada Fish Company is a great stop. Their menu and prices are great since they're owned by the World Wide Sportsman (Bass Pro) right next door, where most diners will spend some more money. If you're there at sunset they feed the day's fish scraps to all the sharks that fill up their basin each evening for their daily feeding, but it's full of big tarpon all day long too. I also like the atmosphere at the Island Fish Company in Marathon and at the Sunset Grille on the east end of the 7 mile bridge. I used to stop at Hog Heaven on Windley Key for conch fritters but haven't been there for years and I think they're owned by the people who own Wahoo's now, and I wasn't impressed with anything there other than the view.
Most of these places are best visited by toad, or boat if you're equipped, due to parking constraints. I sometimes see a class A at Robbie's and wonder how they're gonna get out- unhooking the toad for sure.
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #8

In Key West we always have at least one meal at Fogarty's. Portions are huge and you can either split an entrée or take back for lunch the next day.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #9

Porky's Bayside on Marathon Key. They have BBQ, seafood, and deep fried key lime pie. Later RJD
Later RJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #10

Marathon Deli and Liquors is a perfect combination! Great sandwiches and a liquor selection that's hard to beat.

As others have already said, The No Name Bar's pizza is top notch...just watch out for the Key deer at night. Blue Heaven in Key West is indeed heaven. And please go to Robbie's for breakfast and sit outside. Got me yearning now!
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #11

I can only hope at this time to have the opportunity to visit the Keys in my motor home from the Buffalo, NY area. My brother used to own Artist House in Key West and my DW and I would fly down every time Buffalo weather would get to long and depressing, especially the months of February and March. Definitely on our "To Go To by RV" list, hoping sooner before later.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote