Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #31

Beverly Beach Camptown

To any who are planning to stay at BBC, you might want to recheck their prices. I'm told by some of my friends that just cancelled there [Group of 30 Motorhomes for 3 nights] that they are under new management or owners and the prices have gone up substantially. They cancelled their group rally and moved to a new site. Thats 30 units times $100 per night times three nights!!!
BBC has been one of our favorite CG over the years, but when prices get over $100 per night, we just can't cut it anymore. I hate it but we will have to find some other CG near Flagler Beach.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #32

Definitely following this thread. ... need ocean "view"

Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM   #33
Fulltime family RVer

I think BBC it is and stopping there on our way down to Orlando this summer for a few days. Thanks for the ideas, all!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Hmm. My wife definitely wrinkled her nose up at the sea wall and steps at Beverly Beach Camptown. I think I'd like it's beach best.

Decisions, decisions...
Why did she wrinkle her nose? We loved that beach. We sat up on the sea wall at our camp site and watched the kids play. It was easy to access the water.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #35
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
Why did she wrinkle her nose? We loved that beach. We sat up on the sea wall at our camp site and watched the kids play. It was easy to access the water.
Because these are what I showed her first:
Camp Gulf:

Red Coconut:

Plus, my 2 year old has absolutely no fear. We're a little nervous about him and the 12' high sea wall. Though, the lady I spoke with on the phone said "yeah, but the sand is really soft." She got a little nervous when I talked about chucking him off of it to test it.

But the reality is, we take WAY too much stuff to the water's edge. We literally look like the Clampetts when we go to the beach- chairs, snacks, boogey boards, towels, umbrella, drinks, all sorts of things. We'll see how that changes with being so close to the camper- we usually have to drive and /or walk a few blocks from the beach house. The steps will definitely render my beach cart unusable.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #36
Fulltime family RVer

So, Red Coconut is definitely out. I emailed them to ask about beach front spots and got back this after telling them I have a 42' fifth wheel with slides on both sides:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Coconut
Unfortunately our park can’t handle a 5th wheel that large.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
So, Red Coconut is definitely out. I emailed them to ask about beach front spots and got back this after telling them I have a 42' fifth wheel with slides on both sides:

I thought that may have been the case for the beach front, but I've been to the park side and I know they can handle it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
At Fort Desoto now and love it. Are you sure there are fish here? I fished all afternoon with a Heron about 10 feet from me. Neither one of us caught any fish.
What are you fishing with? Are you in the campground fishing or on the beach pier (we always fish from our campsite). With a few good throws of a baitnet you might land a few mullet and we have seen sea trout landed & a few snappers up by the camp store
Talk to the guys at the baitshop up the road ....they will set you up well
Old 01-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #39
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I thought that may have been the case for the beach front, but I've been to the park side and I know they can handle it there.
Yeah, I was asking about the beachfront, but their response is curious in that they say "our park". I'm not sure.

Either way, I do like BBC and I'm going to see what Camp Gulf also has for later in the summer.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #40

ependydad
Gamble Rogers is right on the beach, just some low dunes between sites & water. Downside is the sites are very small & tight. Also no shade. Might consider Fort Clnch in Fernandina. Two campgrounds; one on river side & shaded & one near beach (about a 300 yard walk on nice boardwalk with bath house & showers about half way). Also no shade. But if you are lucky you may see a submarine entering or exiting the inlet to St. Marys river which is pretty cool. Both are state parks & you can get reservations through Reserve America. What ever you choose enjoy. Also may consider Top Sail State Park; never been there but understand it is very nice. It used to be a private resort so it has full hook ups.