Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #41
Always Learning

I don't mind no shade. We actually deal with that pretty well. I'll take a look at these, Papa GLS.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #42

BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
To any who are planning to stay at BBC, you might want to recheck their prices. I'm told by some of my friends that just cancelled there [Group of 30 Motorhomes for 3 nights] that they are under new management or owners and the prices have gone up substantially. They cancelled their group rally and moved to a new site. Thats 30 units times $100 per night times three nights!!!
BBC has been one of our favorite CG over the years, but when prices get over $100 per night, we just can't cut it anymore. I hate it but we will have to find some other CG near Flagler Beach.
Absolutely, in addition, we made a reservation there (no credit card, which is good and bad- I mean what if we got there and they lost our reservation) AND the "confirmation" states the prices are subject to change. I talked with the manager and she honored the initial quote but then I got an e-mail and was told I would have to talk with the owner, Sid. The woman I spoke with said they are being slammed by angry customers who show up and find their bill $400 more than they expected. Probably won't go there but the beach is beautiful. Last year we stayed at Flagler by the Sea. It is functional - we stayed on the beach but the area across the street, which is also theirs, has a biker bar (no offense to bikers) and is run down, which is why we were going somewhere else but really if you are self contained then why not? PS the beach is on lease for dogs
Old 02-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #43

I remember jumping down that sea wall, so it's definitely not 12' tall. We just dropped all of our stuff from our site off the edge of the wall, then walked it to the beach. It's a huge beach that you have pretty much all to yourself. But I can understand the fear with the 2 year old. I had the same fear with my dogs, but at least I can leash them without getting strange looks.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #44

I uploaded some pictures for you. Let me know if you can see... Forest River Forums - dkb74's Album: Beverly Beach Camptown, Flagler Beach

Note that this was in July, when you'd expect the beach to be packed. And yes, these are pre- travel trailer. Our first camping trip in our then new-to-us popup.

previous owner of
Old 02-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #45
Always Learning

Thanks Darlene!

We're at a loss now for where to go. My wife decided that she wants to spend more time at Disney's Fort Wilderness so now my big money spend will be there and now I need to find somewhere beach accessible. Looks like I'll be re-reading the replies so far!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Don't you just love it when you do all the research and finally get a good plan together, and then they change their mind?
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #47

I know you've had some Fort De Soto pics already. I have some in this album: Forest River Forums - dkb74's Album: 2013 Camping in our 2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

But we stay in the pet friendly loop. Little water access. Affordable, but HARD to get into! You have to book 6 months in advance to have a chance... and Pinellas Co residents get a 1 month jump on top of that.

We love Fort Wilderness! But yes, $$$$. Worth it with the Disney-fied add-ons, in my opinion. But it depends on what experience you're looking for.

I guess I didn't post any pictures from our 2014 camping. We spent a week on Myrtle Beach.

previous owner of
Old 02-03-2015, 03:35 PM   #48

Or you could just say to heck with her plans, and stay at Curry Hammock SP (pics in that album) or Long Key SP - both in the Keys. We are staying in Long Key for a week in July for lobster mini-season. Right on the water!

previous owner of
Old 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #49
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Don't you just love it when you do all the research and finally get a good plan together, and then they change their mind?
LOL, it was a mutual decision. But yeah- nothing like figuring it all out and then having it change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
Or you could just say to heck with her plans, and stay at Curry Hammock SP (pics in that album) or Long Key SP - both in the Keys. We are staying in Long Key for a week in July for lobster mini-season. Right on the water!
LOL- unfortunately, I'm looking for something between MD and Orlando as we're on our way to Clermont, FL for a spell this summer. The beach/Fort stay is an "on the way" kind of thing.

Maybe we'll go down later in the summer. I'd like to take a week off in August and spend it in the water somewhere. I'd have to check how those state parks are for big rigs, though.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #50

ReserveAmerica.com is where most state park reservations are made. They will tell you what size they accomodate, and usually have pictures of each site.

previous owner of
Old 02-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #51

Fort DeSoto

Was not able to read all the responses, so don't know if this was already answered or not...Ft. DeSoto is not a Florida state park...it is managed by Pinellas County Parks. Fantastic kayaking and fishing. A beautiful beach is about 1 mile down the road in the park itself...easy biking distance. Egmont Key, at the mouth of Tampa Bay, is accessible via ferry from inside the park...more beautiful beach! Why spend time at the artificial Florida (Mickey Rat Land), when you have the real Florida right here?
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #52
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
Why spend time at the artificial Florida (Mickey Rat Land), when you have the real Florida right here?

Mmmmhmmmm. Different stroke for different folks. :-)
Old 02-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #53
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
I will pass... like the snow, windy and cold better than the snow birds! :O
Besides ... when we go camping in the winter (North Georgia) no bugs, no snakes, and NO PEOPLE!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #54

Fort de Soto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
I know you've had some Fort De Soto pics already. I have some in this album: Forest River Forums - dkb74's Album: 2013 Camping in our 2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

But we stay in the pet friendly loop. Little water access. Affordable, but HARD to get into! You have to book 6 months in advance to have a chance... and Pinellas Co residents get a 1 month jump on top of that.

We love Fort Wilderness! But yes, $$$$. Worth it with the Disney-fied add-ons, in my opinion. But it depends on what experience you're looking for.

I guess I didn't post any pictures from our 2014 camping. We spent a week on Myrtle Beach.
Just fyi, on Friday mornings (They hold back 10% of their sites.) you can get online and probably will find a site. Also we booked for 6 nights not that far in advance (We were surprised - dog loop also) and when I got there was able to book another 4 but we had to move.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #55

Thanks, Jo, I'll keep that in mind!

previous owner of
Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #56

Juju, How is Ja-mar north, we plan on heading down the last couple os weeks in March and thought about staying there. Thanks for any input.
ccpeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #57

ccpeso:;Ja-Mar North is real nice. Clean;beautiful landscaping and a lot to do. You must attent the Coffee Break at 9:30 on Mondays. Bring your own cup and you can buy a doughnut for 50 cents. If you have a dog, be sure to ask for a site on the side of the park where you can walk it. We were on a site where we could walk her one site, then had to turn around, walk back to the end of street, go to the next street over and walk her up the same length. However, on the other side of the park, there is a place with a whole street of pet friendly site.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #58

Ja-Mar

Thanks, We will make our reservations tomorrow
ccpeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneL View Post
Just fyi, on Friday mornings (They hold back 10% of their sites.) you can get online and probably will find a site. .
In reference to those Friday morning hold backs at Fort Desoto there was a recent change ... DH coworkers participated in that circus ... one spouse used to head out in the car before 6 am & got in line (yes, there was a line at that time) and then if they actually got a site would call the other spouse to bring the camper down.

Recent change : Ft. De Soto campers no longer have to wait in line in front of the camp office to try and reserve a walk-in camp site. We are changing to a hold-back system where 10% of the campsites will become available every Friday morning at 7 a.m. Hold-back sites will be secured either online beginning at 7 a.m. or any remaining sites will be secured in person at the Camp Office after 9 a.m.

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We're at a loss now for where to go.
Fort Clinch SP at Fernandina Beach has campsites on the Ocean. I think you can't swim there, though, because of currents.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote