Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2019, 04:01 AM   #41

We checked out Wiliston Crossings Rv park for our future rV purchase travel. We loved it. We will be staying here in the future when we purchase our RV. Beautiful park. Williston Crossings – Florida’s Top Premier RV Resort Destination
brodowskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #42

We spent 10 days in Eastpoint FLA at Coastline RV.
We no longer travel that far with TT, but we would go there today if we did.
Close to St. George and the best oysters and shrimp we have had.
They have a FB page and it appeared they have openings.
One of the nicest facilities we have stayed.
They have at least 2 campgrounds, one wood d and one more resort-type.
Family owned and very nice folks.
judymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #43

Heading to Navarre Beach Campground over the summer. One of my siblings has stayed there the last two summers and has good things to say.
I’ve also stayed at Camp On Gulf in Destin, and it was a bit cramped.
Silverbacker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
Be aware Ft. Pickens does not have full hookups but they have 30 Amp, water and a dump station. Pretty cheap if you have your inter-agency pass. About $25 if I recall.

We stayed at Gulf State park at Gulf Shores the month of Oct. Lots of activities and bike paths, the pier and beach. Big camp spots with 50 Amp full hookups. Some great gulf coast restaurants within a few minutes. About $50
What is an interagency pass? Thanks!
Gracie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
where in the panhandle? It is late for reservations. Also, i travel between the panhandle (pensacola to east central florida often) not many destination campgrounds.
rv parks-pcola-fl--fwb,fl--nceville,fl--destin,fl--walton co. On beach--panama city--port st joe, fl. All good camping stops.
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:56 AM   #46

Quote:
What is an interagency pass? Thanks!
a Fed govt pass purchased online or at a Fed campground that gives you free admission to park and discounts on camping.

google online

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #47

Going to be tough in SWFL getting a site in high season, although not impossible. Seems like most keep a few spots open for transients. In my area, Royal Coachman, Ramblers Rest, and Harbor View usually have spots. You might also try the state parks as they often have cancellations. I use parkadvisor.com to locate cg's along my intended route and drill down from there.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
a Fed govt pass purchased online or at a Fed campground that gives you free admission to park and discounts on camping.

google online
Mine is called the "America the Beautiful" pass. I bought mine back when they were just $10 for a lifetime pass! Biggest bargain of my life.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:02 PM   #49

Quote:
Mine is called the "America the Beautiful" pass. I bought mine back when they were just $10 for a lifetime pass! Biggest bargain of my life.
I have the Senior Pass... also bought for $10 probably around 2010. I think the rates were increased a couple of years ago. Still a bargain IF you do a lot of FED park camping.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #50

FL panhandle trip in Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
We did that several years ago in Jan/Feb. Started in Dauphin Island south of Mobile. Went thru Destin , Panama Cit, Applachiacola, to north of Tampa. Great trip no problem finding spots and took our time. It's a great area. Only reservation we had where Dauphin Island and Top Sail otherwise we made them from day to day. May have screwed up Appalachiacola spelling but Boss Oyster has great seafood
Still following this thread as we just booked Dallas to St. Andrews State park for Feb! Planning to make stops in Alexandria/LA, Silver Slipper/MS, Dauphin Island, St. Andrews and then back track back along the coast and stop at Henderson State park, Fort Pickens and head back through LA to Dallas.
We are hoping to take the ferry to get from Dauphin Island across to Fort Pickens. Anyone ever done this? Ant advice or suggestions welcome!
shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #51

Before you plan on the Mobile Bay Ferry there are a few things to consider.
1) check size restrictions
2) check the daily schedule for the time you expect to be there. Also weather / sea conditions will shut the ferry down when it’s bad weather.
3) at certain times of the year the wait for a spot can be hours long.
But if your rig fits and the weather is good it is a fun little trip and you get to see a beautiful area.
Another benefit is that you will avoid the I-10 area from mobile to the eastern shore area ( Fairhope) where traffic is hideous and once again depending on rig size you cannot take the tunnel and have to follow the truck route)
Have fun
Bamamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:01 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
Still following this thread as we just booked Dallas to St. Andrews State park for Feb! Planning to make stops in Alexandria/LA, Silver Slipper/MS, Dauphin Island, St. Andrews and then back track back along the coast and stop at Henderson State park, Fort Pickens and head back through LA to Dallas.
We are hoping to take the ferry to get from Dauphin Island across to Fort Pickens. Anyone ever done this? Ant advice or suggestions welcome!
Also the Mobile Bay Ferry goes from Dauphin Island to FT MORGAN.
Ft Pickens is on Pensacola Beach and there is no auto ferry to Ft Pickens.
There is a ferry for foot traffic in Pensacola that goes from Pensacola to Pensacola Beach and also to Ft Pickens. This ferry also does a Blue Angels Practice trip where they go and anchor off of the base and you get to see the Blues fly over for about and hour. It’s a great way to see the Blues Fly.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #53

Thank you! Yep, sorry- We're hoping to stay at Dauphin Island and then ferry to Ft. Morgan-- Fort Pickens is on the way back! Thanks for the info- We have a 35' Forest River. We will be there Feb 15th- President's Day weekend so not sure if it will be crazy crowded or not since it's Feb? Hoping not too bad? Love seeing the Blue Angels and will be in Pensacola on another trip in April and love to do that ferry to see them at sea! That trip we will be staying at the Pensacola Beach RV park
Old 12-26-2019, 09:28 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
Thank you! Yep, sorry- We're hoping to stay at Dauphin Island and then ferry to Ft. Morgan-- Fort Pickens is on the way back! Thanks for the info- We have a 35' Forest River. We will be there Feb 15th- President's Day weekend so not sure if it will be crazy crowded or not since it's Feb? Hoping not too bad? Love seeing the Blue Angels and will be in Pensacola on another trip in April and love to do that ferry to see them at sea! That trip we will be staying at the Pensacola Beach RV park
Ok so now it will get interesting for you.
Forget Presidents Day you will be there right at the peak of Mardi Gras ! (Fat Tuesday is March 25)
I hope you already have reservations for the campground because if not you may be out of luck.
If you don’t have reservations and the campground on Dauphin Island is full then I suggest you get busy now checking with the ones in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. If you need any suggestions just let me know and I will be glad to help.
As to your trip in April you should be able to see some of the Blues from the campground ( but it’s worth the $$ to take the ferry to see them )
Old 12-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #55

Ha! Love Mardi Gras! Yep, the night of 2/15 is the only night we haven't booked a spot to stay at- That was going to be Dauphin Island but both places don't take online reservations and both places had weird stuff when we called- Like the computer was being used by someone and the other place the phone was busy.. Trying again tomorrow! If it's booked we can get a plan B! Thx for the head's up! Thinking if the ferry might not be available we might skip Dauphin Island rather than have to drive all the way back around! Wish there was an easier way to know!
Old 12-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #56

I hate to say it but most of the campgrounds on the Alabama Gulf Coast are not setup to do online reservations. The ones that do are more likely to just have you fill in your info then they call you. My opinion of this is that they do this so that they can adjust the rate of demand is high. But in reality it does not matter to me because I usually like to ask questions and pick my site.

Tags
florida