Old 04-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #11
Every single time I am on I-95 I am in stop and go traffic for HOURS. This weekend, coming back to Sykesville, MD from Cape Hatteras Sunday afternoon I hit stop and go in Richmond and didn't get out of it until I hit the RT 29 exit from the DC beltway in MD. I am at the point now where I will be using that HIGHWAY avoidance option in Garmin.

2016 Rockwood 2703WS
2011 Ford F150 EB

Martsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #12
Helicopter RVs with living. Or travel at night. Sight seeing not so good

XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:33 AM   #13
This last trip going to Fla.(March 27th) we went through Atlanta on a Sunday morning at 7am and sailed right through on I75.And return trip did the same thing on April 3rd only in the late afternoon.Last year we took the outer belt and that was a mistake to say the least!
Life is short and none of us are all that Tall !
downtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #14
We're in Ellicott City visiting Daughter an grand kids. We're pretty familiar with the area, but have never been to this state park.Both kids go to Burleigh Manor Middle school.
2012 Ram 1500
Rockwood 2504S
1 over active Lab-Lets play fetch!
Stufremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Stufremont View Post
We're in Ellicott City visiting Daughter an grand kids. We're pretty familiar with the area, butt have never been to this state park.
It is a nice enough park though not one of my favorites of the MD state parks. It is a strip of woods between the river and the suburbs. But certainly close to everything. The bath house is decent if a little dated. I will assume you have an electric site? The inner camping circle has the electric sites and has the bath house in the center of it. The outer circle is tenting sites, so the tenters have to come through to the bath house. They are good about using the designated trails but if your site is next to one of the trails, there can be alot if foot traffic going by your picnic table. Sites are fairly level and firewood is for sale at the host sites. The thing we enjoyed most was there are lot of deer and if the campground is quiet, they come through the sites.
At least when coming in from the West ad you are planning on, you don't have to worry about going under route 40 to get to the park gate, it is a low underpass.

HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
Traveled 19520 miles and 209 nights in 7 years and counting
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote