Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 260
Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
If you are going to be in Fla. for extended period of time and want to use the toll roads I would suggest getting a transponder. You have to keep an balance of $55 on it but it doesnt expire. You can get SunPass or EPASS and they are good on all the toll roads in Fla. you can get it ordered via the EPASS website.

or you can stick with the surface roads and Intersate. Personal choice.

ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Site Team - Lou
Herk7769's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,379
I have the Florida "SunPass" sticker for the truck. SunPass is interchangeable with Epass but is accepted on ALL Florida toll roads.

ALL toll roads and toll bridges require either the SunPass or you pay by "Toll-By-Plate." They photo your tag and mail you a bill (PLUS a "handling fee") The combined bill is mailed out once a month to your registration address.

If you are south for months (like we were) you will be past due by the time you get home and likely to get stopped as a "toll dodger."

All-Electronic Open Road Tolling

All-Electronic Open Road Tolling


Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Senior Member
FreedomTracker's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 293
I called a customer servive rep for the system at 888-TOLL FLA (888-865-5352). Within next 2 years all tolls in FL will be electronic with no $$$ taken at any toll booth in the state. The SUNNPASS system works over the entire state even though there are multiple entities.

All billing will be either:
  • Transponder (cost $25) No need to pre-pay untill needed.
  • Mini-Sticker (cost $4.99 + preload $10. Then receive $14.99 credit toward tolls... basically FREE; amounts then deducted.
  • License Plate/Mail. Receive bill in the mail every 30 days. After 60 days if no payment... added $25/transaction charge. After 90 days if no payment, amount goes to each separate county gov't and fines may apply.
Suggested for out of state visitors to comply and minimize cost:
  • Travel trailer vehicles (TV's) purchase the mini-stickers ($4.99)
  • RV/Motorhomes pulling extra vehicles (TOADS) purchase a transponder ($25). It' more expensive but it's portable; meaning it can be switched b/t both vehicles. If you went with 2 mini-stickers, you would be charged 2x every time you go thru a toll booth pulling the extra vehicle. These have electronic chips.
  • Pre-load with minimum $10 and tie to credit card to automatically replenish in $10 increments when balance goes below $10 or call customer service if balance goes to zero.

2012 Ford F150 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
2011 Rockwood MiniLite 1809s
E2 WDH 600/6000lbs
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.