I called a customer servive rep for the https://www.sunpass.com/index
system at 888-TOLL FLA (888-865-5352). Within next 2 years all tolls in FL will be electronic with no $$$ taken at any toll booth in the state. The SUNNPASS system works over the entire state even though there are multiple entities.
All billing will be either:
- Transponder (cost $25) No need to pre-pay untill needed.
- Mini-Sticker (cost $4.99 + preload $10. Then receive $14.99 credit toward tolls... basically FREE; amounts then deducted.
- License Plate/Mail. Receive bill in the mail every 30 days. After 60 days if no payment... added $25/transaction charge. After 90 days if no payment, amount goes to each separate county gov't and fines may apply.
Suggested for out of state visitors to comply and minimize cost:
- Travel trailer vehicles (TV's) purchase the mini-stickers ($4.99)
- RV/Motorhomes pulling extra vehicles (TOADS) purchase a transponder ($25). It' more expensive but it's portable; meaning it can be switched b/t both vehicles. If you went with 2 mini-stickers, you would be charged 2x every time you go thru a toll booth pulling the extra vehicle. These have electronic chips.
- Pre-load with minimum $10 and tie to credit card to automatically replenish in $10 increments when balance goes below $10 or call customer service if balance goes to zero.
2012 Ford F150 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
2011 Rockwood MiniLite 1809s
E2 WDH 600/6000lbs