Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Ive only ever stayed at standard sites there in the 1600 loop. What do premium sites have that standard sites don't?

I think the premium sites are wider and longer.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #42
Always Learning

Quote:
Ive only ever stayed at standard sites there in the 1600 loop. What do premium sites have that standard sites don't?
The Premium spots give you a fully paved pad (versus paved pad and then crushed shells), a wider entry to the site, and a 4-sided square picnic table.

Supposedly “better” location of the site to the pool, Chip N Dales campfire, and store.

I also feel like most of the Premium sites are more private than the full hookup spots. But I do think the Full Hookup spots are generally larger/wider than the premium sites.

I have some descriptions of each here:
Camping at Disney World’s Fort Wilderness | Learn To RV
Old 03-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #43
Enjoying Life

Quote:

Per the Fort Website:

Premium Site -
Room for larger style RV
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 18 feet by 60 feet
Sewage hook-up

Sleeps up to 10 Adults

Full Hook up -

Room for an RV plus a tent
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 50 feet
Sewage hook-up

Sleeps up to 10 Adults

Preferred -

Room for an RV plus a small tent
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 45 feet
Sewage hook-up
Close to the Marina

Sleeps up to 10 Adults

Tent or Popup -

Room for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents
Accommodates equipment on a concrete pad up to 10 feet by 25 feet

Sleeps up to 10 Adults

Loops by type
Loop 100 – Preferred
Loop 200 – Preferred
Loop 300 – Preferred
Loop 400 – Premium
Loop 500 – Premium
Loop 600 – Premium
Loop 700 – Premium
Loop 800 – Premium
Loop 900 – Premium
Loop 1000 – Premium
Loop 1100 – Premium
Loop 1200 – Premium
Loop 1300 – Premium
Loop 1400 – Premium
Loop 1500 – Partial
Loop 1600 – Full
Loop 1700 – Full
Loop 1800 – Full
Loop 1900 – Full
Loop 2000 – Partial

Best Loops -

Best is a subjective term. Generally, campers want to be near the Settlement Trading Post on the north end of FW, which would allow them to be close to the FW marina and beach, Pioneer Hall, and guest services. Loops in this area are 100 through 500 and 700. Others may want to be more near the center of FW near the Meadow Trading Post, the campfire program, the main swimming pool, tennis courts and Bike Barn. Loops in this area are 600, 800 through 1600. For those campers who want to be a little farther away from the action and are looking for quieter surroundings, loops 1700 through 2000 are best. Guests in Cabins are located in loops 2100 through 2800. 2100 is the closest to the center of the resort. Loops 2200 through 2800 get increasingly farther away as the loop number increases with 2800 being the closest to the south end of the resort near the entrance.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:31 AM   #44
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notime2go View Post
We will be heading out tomorrow evening for a 10 day vacation at Fort Wilderness Disney. We will be taking Rt 78 west to 81 south to 83 south then eventually making it onto 95 south. Is there any construction issues along this route that could delay our travels. We prefer driving in the eveing and driving through the night. We have three people to drive the coach. This will be the longest drive to date with our Pursuit 32. We just installed Sumosprings and the safe-t-plus stabalizer.
Thanks for your feedback.

I drive 83 South 695 and 95 S for my work.
83 south has construction in different area's
695 removing a bridge at Rt 70 (night work)
95 south for the section i'm on is smooth sailing
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Premium sites are fully paved. The "parking area" is wider and longer to accommodate those HUGE 5'ers and diesel pushers I suppose.

My site was deep, wide and had great privacy for an "RV Resort".
2005 Rockwood 2516G (Sold)
2018 Chevy 2500 6.0 / 4.10's
Anderson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #46

I think Disney is shooting them self’s in both feet. Just found out about new rules at Disney. It will be awhile before I visit the parks again
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:00 PM   #47
Trailer Park Supervisor

Not crazy about the complete and total smoking ban, even though I quit last summer. But restricting stroller sizes I completely agree with. The size of strollers these days is getting ridiculous, people are pushing these things around that are not much smaller than a flat bed cart at Home Depot. It's like these morons that think the beach is theirs and set up all these giant pop up canopies like a Himalayan base camp or something.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #48

I just did 18 days in June. Never again in June! The heat was unbearable--even the water at the pool was like the temperature of a hot tub. We went because the youngest granddaughter is on a traveling V-ball team and the last tourney of the season is always at ESPN.

Going again in December for the first 10 days. It isn't Christmas without the decorations the campers put up at their sites. I even bought a Cricket "golf cart" so I wouldn't have to pay Mickey's high price of renting a cart from him. People ride around the loops until the 1 or 2 in the morning, looking at the decorations.
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #49
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post
I just did 18 days in June. Never again in June! The heat was unbearable--even the water at the pool was like the temperature of a hot tub. We went because the youngest granddaughter is on a traveling V-ball team and the last tourney of the season is always at ESPN.

Going again in December for the first 10 days. It isn't Christmas without the decorations the campers put up at their sites. I even bought a Cricket "golf cart" so I wouldn't have to pay Mickey's high price of renting a cart from him. People ride around the loops until the 1 or 2 in the morning, looking at the decorations.

We will be there the first part of Dec. as well

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #50
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post

We've endured our first Orlando summer (not Disney, sadly) and you're right about the pool water. There's just nothing fun about the warm water.

I'm totally jealous of your December trip- we LOVE the Fort at Halloween and Christmas.