Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

Smile Frontier Town

Anyone stay at Frontier Town? just wondering how it is,thinking of going next year!
timtheflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #2

Check with www.campgroundreviews.com
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Commercial Member

It is cramped and noisy, busy, but on the plus side, if you have kids, they will have plenty to keep them occupied.

Keep in mind the water park is open to the public and is usually packed.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtheflyguy View Post
Anyone stay at Frontier Town? just wondering how it is,thinking of going next year!
Plan early, they book up full week stay very quickly. The water park is really a great escape just floating around the lazy river. It is definitely a nice place for kids. They run a shuttle bus into Ocean City each day. I believe it's every 30 minutes.
If you want to get in I'd call and see what's available. It is a very popular place.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #5

We have been to Frontier town many times, Nice place but watch out if it rains, Large mud pits (not puddles). Very pricy and bugs are typical for the area and we always thought the sites were on the small side. Many full seasonal sites also and the staff seems to cater to them before the daily or weekly campers. Lots to do and the kids will never be bored. I would suggest you go down to Assateague Island (the Federal part) if you like uncrowded beaches (small parking fee of $10 for the week is well worth it). The horses run free but be aware that the horses will come and take whatever food you have out in the open.You also have to book early as this is the "Premire" place and fills up quickly. Next time down there, we may try Castaways campground as it is more moderately priced and also has a small beach right on the property.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
Newb

We stayed at an RV park right near it called Castaways - that was very nice, they have a little pier and beachy area, activities, playground, etc. So if you're just looking to be near OC and Assateague, you could always check there.
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiPatti View Post
We stayed at an RV park right near it called Castaways - that was very nice, they have a little pier and beachy area, activities, playground, etc. So if you're just looking to be near OC and Assateague, you could always check there.
We were just there the first week of August. This is a very nice place and we're looking forward to staying there next summer as well.
Another nice place only it's a bit farther from the Ocean is Island Resort Campground. It's fairly new and just about every site backs up to the lake.

http://www.islandresort.org/

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
Cardinal 04 31LE

Good Afternoon; I agree with much of what has already been said on this thread. We live only about 70 miles from the campgrounds discussed. We really like Frontier Town in the fall and spring. A little less hectic, however the water park is only open Memorial Day through Labor Day. They have a great Halloween weekend (3). Yes, if it rains some sites are mud bogs! Lots of golf carts and traffic on the main strech. The sites are tight, I have found about 10 - 12 sites that accomodate our fifth wheel well, if I can't get one of them I won't go.

Castaways, is much nicer than it used to be, they actually have a section that is called Club Castaways that is gated, paved sites with secure bathhouses and a pool of its own. We stayed last year in club castaways, the only complaints were the neighbors fire ring was right on top of our port side and really smoked us out! The sites are large but a little tight backing in, had to slide the hitch then still a little tight getting in. There activities in 2008 needed improvement! But I think they have a new pool in the main section this year too. I would try it if you dont have pre-teen and teenagers that need a lot of activities.

Keep in mind you are close to Ocean City and of course plenty to do there, they love your cash! Assategue has been mentioned, but not far from Chincoteague and Wallops Island Naval Air Station too! Nice day trips for all. Oh don't forget tax free shopping in Delaware at Rehoboth Beach outlets too!
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #9

We have been going for a week ever summer for the past 5 years. We really enjoy ourselves and have booked our week for 2010 and 2011 (as everyone above said they fill up very quickly). The waterpark is always very enjoyable on those hot summer days but this also quite crowded. We always go to Assategue beach during the day and ride through in the evening just to "look for the horses" but were surprised to see that is was $15 this year for the week (not the $10 we spent on previous years) but by all means still very worth it. My kids say that Frontier Town is their absolute most favorite place to go camping.

By the way, we stayed at Fort Whaley once (when we could not get into Frontier Town- before I knew how quickly they book up). Fort Whaley was nice, too. They are cheaper than Frontier Town and do a shuttle bus to Frontier Town and admission to the water park is included.

Always lots and lots to do in and around Ocean City!!
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #10

We were at Frontier town as well the first week in August. As stated great for kids and there are alot of teens as well. Watch out for all of the golf carts running around. If you have one you are allowed to take yours in or you can rent them by the day for $40 bucks or $240 for the week. The mosquitos at the camp ground are terrible in August at night, one would think that the camp fire would keep them away but believe me it doesn't. As stated about Assateague is a great beach to go to and you can take your dog on the beach. We are booked two years in advance for Frontier Town. If we find that we change our mines about going, we cancell for that year and extend it to the next so we always have a reservations. Because Frontier Town is large people always cancel, If you do not have reservations then call them every day, but now is the time to start. In all the years that we have been going the best time to go to Ocean City is the second or third week of July, the weather seems to be stable around this time and there are no Jellyfish in the ocean, they seem to show up late July and August. The best place to buy fudge is Wockenfuss on the boardwalk.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

Thanks,I called frontier town,and there is only 2 waterfront sights available,for the year!!,and it is in the begining of June(TOO COLD) I'm going to look into fort watley,and Castaways!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

Smile

OK!, we booked Frontier town for the first week of June,(hope it's warm). We are going to stay at BB 1,on the water front.Does anyone know about this site? Is it nice? It seems to be close to the fishing docks,and a little beach area!? Oh well,we will try it , and look around while we are there,to see the best spots.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #13

Yes, I know of BB-1. It is right on the corner as you enter the row, first site on the left, there is nothing in front of you except what I call the lagoon and Sinepuxent Bay, behined you is a long running pier that connects to all af the sites up the row where you can park and tie up your boat. From what I can remember there was a large 5th wheel there at one time. All the sites In AA row and In BB row were all seasonal sites, Frontier Town has slowly been phasing out seasonals. Now this is a very busy are by the end of June til the Labor Day weekend, this is the area where people are putting there boats in the water, people and teens are headed to the pier to fish & crab. The pool is not far from your site. The roads in this area are stone and can get a little dusty at times....I don't know what it is like there when it rains as far as the site holding water, but the two sites that I stay at never flood and they are almost next to the pool.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
" LIVE TO FLYFISH "

So I guess it's safe to say We are right in the thick of things , and may not get much rest,but we are going for the kids to enjoy,so we will cope with all the action!........Maybe!?!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #15

Your kids will love it....and here are some pic of what you are going to see....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2457.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1798   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2458.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1799