Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canton, Michigan
Posts: 59
Full-timers and addresses

Hi all- My husband and I are planning on selling our house and full-timing it for a year or so. Is there anyone out there who can give me some direction as to what they did about an address, and how you handle the info for insurance companies, etc? I can pretty much have all my bills sent via email so no worries there, it's just having a state to call home, and an address that bugs me for insurance purposes. Any info would be helpful.

Thank you,

Cyndi
Vibe 268RKS
F150 3.5 Ecoboost
__________________

__________________
Cyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: D'erm NC
Posts: 87
It's been my experience that you will need some "physical" presence...for driver's license, insurance, "home state" etc. Sometimes a UPS store will provide the street address and a box # - that's been known to work.
__________________

__________________
2016251RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,770
You basically have to use a mailing service- Escapees has one, and then there are a few others- MyRVMail.com and St. Brendan's Isle (www.sbimailservice.com) plus many others. OR, you can even use a UPS store or the like.

The one you pick will effect your cost of insurance AND, depending on the state, what insurance is available to you; so shop around.

I picked St. Brendan's because for a small upgrade monthly, I can have them scan up to 40 items. I started with them in mid-January and literally haven't had mail sent to me because I just keep having them scan stuff.

For insurance, you need a full-timers policy. There are a few places that offer it- Progressive Insurance, RVMillerInsurance.com, and RVInsurancePro.com (the latter 2 are brokers). I use RV Miller Insurance and have my actual policies through National Interstate.

For health insurance, I have no idea. I'm salaried and its part of my benefits. I know a lot of people have gone down the Healthcare.gov route.

I'm in the process of working through vehicle registration changes, getting a Florida policy, and getting my Florida driver's license.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canton, Michigan
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
You basically have to use a mailing service- Escapees has one, and then there are a few others- MyRVMail.com and St. Brendan's Isle (www.sbimailservice.com) plus many others. OR, you can even use a UPS store or the like.

The one you pick will effect your cost of insurance AND, depending on the state, what insurance is available to you; so shop around.

I picked St. Brendan's because for a small upgrade monthly, I can have them scan up to 40 items. I started with them in mid-January and literally haven't had mail sent to me because I just keep having them scan stuff.

For insurance, you need a full-timers policy. There are a few places that offer it- Progressive Insurance, RVMillerInsurance.com, and RVInsurancePro.com (the latter 2 are brokers). I use RV Miller Insurance and have my actual policies through National Interstate.

For health insurance, I have no idea. I'm salaried and its part of my benefits. I know a lot of people have gone down the Healthcare.gov route.

I'm in the process of working through vehicle registration changes, getting a Florida policy, and getting my Florida driver's license.
Thank you very much! Appreciate the info! I didn't realize you could get fulltimers RV insurance- I wonder if that extends to the truck?
__________________
Cyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
Thank you very much! Appreciate the info! I didn't realize you could get fulltimers RV insurance- I wonder if that extends to the truck?
How do you mean? I did pull my truck insurance under National Interstate - but that was more just to keep with one company.

But nothing's really different with it now that I'm fulltime vs. before when I was a weekend traveler.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
CampingGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 921
I live in Florida, but Florida is nice because there is no state income tax. Just one other thing to consider as a resident in a particular state. At least think about it when making your selection.
__________________
_____________________________________________

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canton, Michigan
Posts: 59
I thought you had to have insurance for your vehicle in whatever state it was registered in, because of the taxes, rules, etc. for different states. I guess if the insurance company is aware that you are full-timing, it is ok? That's the biggest hang up I have.
__________________
Cyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi View Post
I thought you had to have insurance for your vehicle in whatever state it was registered in, because of the taxes, rules, etc. for different states. I guess if the insurance company is aware that you are full-timing, it is ok? That's the biggest hang up I have.


So it gets a little iffy with the whole registered vs. garaged in. But basically- yes, I will have Florida tags and Florida insurance on the truck. The brokers help with that.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canton, Michigan
Posts: 59
Ok great!! Thank you very much! This info helps a lot!!

Safe travels!

Cyndi
__________________
Cyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Kels4g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 289
We use https://www.goodsammailservice.com/ They gave us an address which we changed our license, car registration, voting, banking, etc to. They forward our mail to wherever we are when we ask for it.
__________________

__________________
Kelly and Stephen with Daisy, Lily, and Roxy!

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015


Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.