Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
meg
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 29
fundy nat park canada to atlanta ga

Trying to find a route that will not be to out of the way to avoid the I-95 corridor. We are coming from Fundy national park in Canada going home to north Georgia. Want to try to avoid New york City, Boston, etc. !!!!!
__________________

__________________
meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dacula, Georgia
Posts: 1,200
I am making the reverse run in September. Going from Dahlonega, Georgia, up through Syracuse, over to Connecticut and return Tappan Zee Bridge, NY, NJ and south. You are going to have to either travel FAR out of your direct route OR fight the inevitable HELL, like I am.

Did this 20 years ago on motorcycles from Jacksonville, Florida to Nova Scotia and back down eastern corridor and here we are; ALIVE!!
I had a huge Honda Goldwing with a camping trailer that slept 3 and all our gear for 2 1/2 weeks. Wife rode her Suzuki 1400 cc set up like EASY RIDER!!

Just plan it and go!! Adapt as you go!!

Good luck !!
__________________

__________________
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
Trying to find a route that will not be to out of the way to avoid the I-95 corridor. We are coming from Fundy national park in Canada going home to north Georgia. Want to try to avoid New york City, Boston, etc. !!!!!
I-95---295.......Danbury Conn...Allentown Pa.....I-81 south....You will have to fill in the blanks
__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
jergeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central upstate New York
Posts: 258
95 to 495 around Boston to 90 to 84 to Scranton PA pick up 81 to 66 in virginia then 17 to 95 south much more enjoyable ride.
__________________
George & Jerri
06 GT 340 TSSE
USMC
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
95 to 495 around Boston to 90 to 84 to Scranton PA pick up 81 to 66 in virginia then 17 to 95 south much more enjoyable ride.
Longer thru Scranton and VERY Hilly from Scranton south on I-81, As noted above Allentown to I-81, ^^, 17 to I-95 at Fredricksburg a real sight seeing trip
__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
Longer thru Scranton and VERY Hilly from Scranton south on I-81, As noted above Allentown to I-81, ^^, 17 to I-95 at Fredricksburg a real sight seeing trip
"40,000 pounds of bananas" I heard Scranton and I couldn't help myself.
__________________

__________________
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
canada

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.