Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #21

We'll be there the same week as you, we're arriving on the 9th and leaving the 16th. We've been to Disney many times, they have raised the camping rates at Ft. Wilderness to the point I'd rather stay at one of the hotels. They do have the FT. Wilderness cabins that have kitchens and separate bedrooms. We're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney property, its the best way to do it, no need to drive yourself anywhere unless you leave Disney property. Getting around Orlando is pretty easy, just watch out for toll roads, they're everywhere.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sself1219 View Post
We'll be there the same week as you, we're arriving on the 9th and leaving the 16th. We've been to Disney many times, they have raised the camping rates at Ft. Wilderness to the point I'd rather stay at one of the hotels. They do have the FT. Wilderness cabins that have kitchens and separate bedrooms. We're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney property, its the best way to do it, no need to drive yourself anywhere unless you leave Disney property. Getting around Orlando is pretty easy, just watch out for toll roads, they're everywhere.
Are you travelling with children ?

Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdchristensen View Post
Are you travelling with children ?
Yes, we are taking my 2.5 yr old Daughter for the first time, as well as my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We got a standard room with queen size beds and are taking our queen size aerobed for my SIL and daughter to sleep on. We got a package through Disney with the Hotel, Park tickets, and got the Disney dining plan for free which saved us about $1400 and now we don't have to worry about food while we are there. Total cost for 4 adults and a child including food is right at $3000. All we have to do is drive 10 hours from North Georgia to Orlando, once we park the car, no more driving till we leave a week later, no worrying about cooking, just which restaurant we'll eat at.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Yes, we are taking my 2.5 yr old Daughter for the first time, as well as my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We got a standard room with queen size beds and are taking our queen size aerobed for my SIL and daughter to sleep on. We got a package through Disney with the Hotel, Park tickets, and got the Disney dining plan for free which saved us about $1400 and now we don't have to worry about food while we are there. Total cost for 4 adults and a child including food is right at $3000. All we have to do is drive 10 hours from North Georgia to Orlando, once we park the car, no more driving till we leave a week later, no worrying about cooking, just which restaurant we'll eat at.
We have a 4 year old & a 9 year old, so we are looking forward to the challenge of meeting both their expectations. We will have to be carefull not to introduce the younger one to any attractions that might scare the wits out of her at the same time balancing that with accomodating the older one who will likely want to try everything.

Sound like you got a "GREAT DEAL" on that package. What hotel are you staying at ? We are used to having a separate room for the kids. At the end of the day for the 4 of us for hotel & park tickets was $2,000. We anticipate spending about $500 for car rental, gas, parking and groceries for the week.
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #25

Going to Disneyworld

We are also taking the kids the week of Thanksgiving, this will be our third time camping at Ft Wilderness, it is the only way to visit Disneyland as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #26
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcrew18 View Post
We are also taking the kids the week of Thanksgiving, this will be our third time camping at Ft Wilderness, it is the only way to visit Disneyland as far as I am concerned.
We likely will go back a 2nd time when our younger one is a little older. I think we will definitely consider "Ft Wilderness" for the 2nd go around.
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdchristensen View Post
We have a 4 year old & a 9 year old, so we are looking forward to the challenge of meeting both their expectations. We will have to be carefull not to introduce the younger one to any attractions that might scare the wits out of her at the same time balancing that with accomodating the older one who will likely want to try everything.

Sound like you got a "GREAT DEAL" on that package. What hotel are you staying at ? We are used to having a separate room for the kids. At the end of the day for the 4 of us for hotel & park tickets was $2,000. We anticipate spending about $500 for car rental, gas, parking and groceries for the week.
There really isn't anything at Disney that is "scary", Walt Disney was big on family and his parks are made for families to enjoy together. If there is something your old child wants to ride and not the younger one and both parents want to ride, there is a parent swap out thing, can't remember what it's called at the moment, one parent rides with kid, while the other parent stays with younger kid, then parents switch out so the other parent can ride without standing in line. As long as your kids are at least 35" tall they can ride everything but the rollercoasters and a couple of the more thrilling rides. There is a height selector on the Disney World website you can sort the rides by to see what they can ride. My Daughter is right at 35" and is looking forward to riding everything she can, she will get to ride her first roller coaster, Goofy's Barnstormer in the new Fanstasyland addition that opens Dec 6th.

We're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort at Disney.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
My Daughter is right at 35" and is looking forward to riding everything she can, she will get to ride her first roller coaster, Goofy's Barnstormer in the new Fanstasyland addition that opens Dec 6th.

We're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort at Disney.
I checked out the Coronado Springs online. Looks like a great place.
Your daughter is probably braver than our 4 year old (Yan). Yan is petrified of fire works, and had a lot of problems with a lot of rides at a local fair. We know she will have some issues.

Have you got a itinerary planned yet ? For our 6 days we were thinking of doine Animal Kingdom & Epcot first (seems like the least "threatining" attractions are at those parks). Likely follow up with up to 3 days at the Magic Kingdom as this will be the "biggest" attraction for our older daughter. We do not want to run our selves ragged, so we likely will leave some of the other parks for another time (ie: Universal Studios, Downtown Disney, the water parks etc). We do have a day of "flex" in our schedule to accomodate rest time or to pick up a day at one of these locations.

Definitely will be at the Magic Kingdom on the evening of December 12 for the Electric Lights Parade & Wishes Fireworks display. (hold my breath the younger one will survive the fire works)
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
Old 10-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #29

We don't really have an itinerary yet, other than some dining reservations for Character breakfasts and dinners. We have the park hopper option on our tickets so we can just go to one park, then go to another when we get ready. Downtown Disney isn't really a park, just shopping and eating and some night clubs. I would think your 4 year old would like Magic Kingdom because of Fanstasyland and all the princess and cartoon stuff.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
We don't really have an itinerary yet, other than some dining reservations for Character breakfasts and dinners. We have the park hopper option on our tickets so we can just go to one park, then go to another when we get ready. Downtown Disney isn't really a park, just shopping and eating and some night clubs. I would think your 4 year old would like Magic Kingdom because of Fanstasyland and all the princess and cartoon stuff.
We really lucked out with booking a "Character" Dining Event, as they seem to be very popular. When I called earlier this week the only opening was for the Monday, December 10 at the Epcot Royal Banquet Lunch at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. We managed to get a 1:55 booking for 4. That was all that was available to us for the week of Dec 8 to Dec 15 for Character Dining Events.

Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan