Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #81
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Funny! We went camping in the Orlando area this past year (2012). I completely agree - it was nice doing the parks at Christmas to see the decorations, but I'm good for the rest of my life to never go back during the Christmas holiday. In fact, we went another time over President's Day (also in 2012) and I'm pretty well set for never hitting another holiday there.
We were in Disney World from December 8 to December 15. It was not too busy at all and we had the opportunity to see the Christmas Decor prior to the busy season during Christmas. The research we did prior to booking our trip had advised that one of the lowest crowd period is the first few weeks of December. The other low season time in DW I believe was after New Years (the middle of January). Sure the weather may be slightly cooler, but not having to compete with crowds is a bonus in my mind. We are looking at going for 2 weeks next year, quite possibly in January. It might be harder to keep that under wraps and surprise our kids again like we did last month.
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #82
Always Learning

We knew we were going at their highest attendance times. We were there from Dec 20-Dec 29. There was a huge difference in crowds before Christmas day and after - even with the weekend before. We stayed off property this time at the Thousand Trails park in Clermont and only did Disney for 2 days. The others were a day at Seaworld, 2 days at Universal and "camp" days. We did it for the experience of having Christmas day while camping and to minimize days off of school/slow time at work.

We enjoy Disney - we've been there quite a few times in the last 3 or 4 years and swice in 2012, I think. In fact, I came away from this trip saying that I was pretty Disney'd out! We'll see what next year brings, though...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #83

We had gone to Disney every year from 99 thru 2002 and stayed at the All Star Value resorts it was what we could afford and still got to stay inside Disney. We decided in 02 to purchase the DVC time share since we were going every year.My 12 year old is spoiled she has been there just about every year of her life and me and the wife still enjoy the place immensely. Learned alot of the ins and outs along the way and personally have a deep seeded appreciation of the man who started it all. I've read books and seen documentaries have done all the behind the scene tours at the parks as wel certainly a man who altered the world as we know it. This November is my 25th wedding aniversary we are planning a trip to France and Italy we will be staying for a few nights in Disney in Paris for sure.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #84

We looked at DVC in 2009 while at Disney, but I was given the ultimatum of baby or DVC. I had about 2 weeks to get back to Disney about the DVC. On the day I was going to call them for to purchase the DVC, I got a positive pregnancy test. Turns out we brought a souvenir home with us from our trip.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #85
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
We had gone to Disney every year from 99 thru 2002 and stayed at the All Star Value resorts it was what we could afford and still got to stay inside Disney. We decided in 02 to purchase the DVC time share since we were going every year.My 12 year old is spoiled she has been there just about every year of her life and me and the wife still enjoy the place immensely. Learned alot of the ins and outs along the way and personally have a deep seeded appreciation of the man who started it all. I've read books and seen documentaries have done all the behind the scene tours at the parks as wel certainly a man who altered the world as we know it. This November is my 25th wedding aniversary we are planning a trip to France and Italy we will be staying for a few nights in Disney in Paris for sure.
WOW...for two years now we live approx 4.5hrs north of Disney, imagine if you did too, you guys would be at the park monthly!