Old 12-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #21
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Battlefield Campground has 50 pull thru sites. Address: 199 KOA Blvd in Ringgold, GA. Listed on Good Sam app. Phone: 7069374166. Looks ez in and out. If you are like us with our 37 ft Silverback, we like EZ 😁. Good luck with your decision and safe travels!

And yes, anywhere on I 275 around Atlanta is PURE HELL unless you travel between midnight and 4am. It was recently rated as one of the MOST DANGEROUS ROADS IN AMERICA. Nice title, eh!

Yes, unfortunately we live here. And yes, the only reason is the grandkids.
We will be in Florida for Feb/March as usual.
If you're referring to the recent local TV stories about I285, I think they said it was the MOST Dangerous, not one of the most. I can believe that.
Fortunately I live 40 miles east and don't have to deal with the Atlanta traffic.

Since the OP is planning a Sunday morning drive through Atlanta the best route would be straight down I75 through downtown.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:31 AM   #22

In a pinch Wal-mart Super stores work they have security all night just ask at customer service if it is ok they will tell you where you can park.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #23

Plan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk awards View Post
In a pinch Wal-mart Super stores work they have security all night just ask at customer service if it is ok they will tell you where you can park.
Walmart is part of our plan B if we don't get into one of the campgrounds mentioned. There is a YahooGroup dedicated to RV friendly Walmarts along with a list of all stores and phone numbers to call ahead. The week before Christmas we counted two RV's at our local store.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #24

Look for Allatoona Landing Campsite. Located in Cartersville Ga off of I75. Great people and secure park on the Lake go there many times
Old 01-03-2016, 10:15 PM   #25

If you can sleep through loud trains passing multiple times per night, Allatoona Landing is a nice place. I spent 2 nights there and didn't sleep well at all. I won't go back.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #26
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk awards View Post
RVparky app does this for you already. for Walmart and cracker barrel.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
If you're referring to the recent local TV stories about I285, I think they said it was the MOST Dangerous, not one of the most. I can believe that.
Fortunately I live 40 miles east and don't have to deal with the Atlanta traffic.

Since the OP is planning a Sunday morning drive through Atlanta the best route would be straight down I75 through downtown.
My wife and I are planning a trip in again in late march to Yulee,Fl to see our daughter and family.Last year we took the outer belt on a Saturday (1pm)37yrs UPS and my driving shills paid off! What about going down 75 at that time ?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #28

We travel straight through Atlanta because it is shorter than the beltway. Traffic is just as heavy on both, I believe. Sunday morning should not be too much of a problem for you. We travel on Sundays when we come back from Chattanooga to Florida. Stay in the right lane and let everyone go around you. Do be aware that lanes shift - you need to be on the lookout for where the other interstates veer off, such as I-85 and I-285, etc.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #29

Yulee trip

We go from NE of Atlanta to Jacksonville at least annually.
Take I 85 to I 285 EAST TO 675 South to 75. stay on 75 towards MACON. Then take I 16 across to I 95.

The I 16 has improved dramatically over the years and it is EZ travel.

You come out near Yulee. Yes, I know Yulee. Lived in Jacksonville for 10 years plus. Used to motorcycle to Yulee to a local fish house!

IF YOU STAY ON I 75 to TIFTON, GA,
Fun ez tow back way directly to and through Yulee. BUT, watch your SPEEDS. Very small unincorporated areas all along and each is a SPEED TRAP LOOKING FOR YOU!! I ALWAYS USE SPEED CONTROL WHEN TRAVELING THROUGH THAT ROUTE.
it is direct and laid back.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #30

Smile

As for us we had stayed at Alatoona Landing 12 times thru 2015 and ignore the trains. Kind of makes ya feel the real outdoors. Just saying. They are always booked all year. Guess everyone is different in what we look for in each park. That's why we have so many love the ventures of each.

Tags
cat, location