Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Great Smoky Mountain Getaway

Smoky Mountain Premier RV resort.....just outside Cosby, Tennessee. Great Smoky Mountain National Park is in your back door. Close to Gatlinburg but just far enough away to miss all the noise. We love staying there!!

RV Park Pigeon Forge TN|Gatlinburg RV Resort|RV Campground Smokey Mountain Tennessee
MrCanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #2

I'm sure it's a pretty campground just a little rich for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #3
(Dry Huunday)

Very nice! One of the prettier resorts I've seen.

But I'll pass. We tend to prefer a little less black top and more space and trees. This is by no means a "slam" on this place. Just not our thing!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #4

Very little in the way of black top at this campground. Only at the entrance. Great areas to hike and explore or just to walk your dog. An added plus is a great restaurant close by called The Apple House Restaurant. Obviously surrounded by an apple orchard which also includes a place to buy fresh produce.
MrCanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:19 AM   #5

That place looks nice. Smoky Mts are in the plans for me.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2016, 06:36 AM   #6
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCanDo View Post
Very little in the way of black top at this campground. Only at the entrance. Great areas to hike and explore or just to walk your dog. An added plus is a great restaurant close by called The Apple House Restaurant. Obviously surrounded by an apple orchard which also includes a place to buy fresh produce.
Oops! My bad! I watched the video and that looked like pavement! But I do see where it is gravel in the pics! Again, nice place

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #7

Nice base camp for a motorcycle adventure

Thanks for the heads up. I added it to our Tennessee destination list. looks like a good place to take motorcycle day trips out of.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #8

Smokies...

Whatever floats your boat! We'll be heading up for our yearly trip to the park next week...we stay on the Cherokee side of the mountain and prefer to "rough it" in Smokemont campground, inside the park and along side Bradley Fork. Quiet. Beautiful!!
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:11 PM   #9
Dr Travel

If the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is part of your plans, the park mentioned here means you will drive miles and miles each way just to access the park. I'd recommend you consider Big Meadow Family Campground | Smoky Mountain Camping in Townsend, TN It is far and away the RV park with the easiest least time-consuming access to the main parts of the park. In three minutes from turning out of the entrance, you will be in the park, either heading to Sugarland or to Cades Cove, a mere 15 minutes away. The park referenced here is "nice" but man, you will burn lots of gas getting where you want to go. BTW, that Apple Orchard restaurant is worth the drive and in a beautiful setting.
robsshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #10
Retired Retail/Importer

Smoky Mountains

We've stayed at Tremont in Townsend...very nice on the creek...also...Anchor Down near Dandridge...pricey but very elegant great pool...on beautiful and clean Douglas Lake
pledbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #11

I've always stayed at Creekside Campground in Pigeon Forge. They have all the usual amenities, but my biggest reason is that they have the tram stop. I don't have to drive and i can get to anywhere in pigeon forge or Gatlinburg for less than $1.50
millerman2brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #12

Creek Side is great but it is right in the heart of the district. I like to be a little more secluded.

2006 Chevy 2500HD
2017 Cedar Creek 34RE
brownm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:57 AM   #13

I'm looking for secluded, but need access to water/electric/sewer and we really want a view. Any ideas?
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #14

Up the creek is pretty secluded and has a tram stop.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #15
Retired Retail/Importer

Tremont RV Campground...right on the water where the tubers are...
pledbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsshots View Post
If the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is part of your plans, the park mentioned here means you will drive miles and miles each way just to access the park. I'd recommend you consider Big Meadow Family Campground | Smoky Mountain Camping in Townsend, TN It is far and away the RV park with the easiest least time-consuming access to the main parts of the park. In three minutes from turning out of the entrance, you will be in the park, either heading to Sugarland or to Cades Cove, a mere 15 minutes away. The park referenced here is "nice" but man, you will burn lots of gas getting where you want to go. BTW, that Apple Orchard restaurant is worth the drive and in a beautiful setting.
Big Meadow is very convenient to SMNP especially Cade's cove. It's also in a quieter area (can't handle all that traffic & stoplights in PF) close to some good local restuarants. It's not isolated and doesn't have any large trees but it does have a long range view of the mountains. It's also across the road from the Little River and a tubing company is right next door. Tried to return this October but they were booked.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
TheLarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #17

We have stayed at Lazy Daze in Townsend, TN. Townsend calls itself the quiet side of the Smokeys. Lazy Daze is not fancy, but we like that there are some sites right on the Little River. They have covered picnic tables and trees, so it is shady. You can even walk down and lay in the river, among the rocks to cool off. Townsend is about 20 minutes from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but you go a back road, which keeps you off the busy main thoroughfare. We don't go there during heavy traffic times. We have been stuck going between the national park and Pigeon Forge where it took three hours to go that short distance! The entrance to Cades Cove is at Townsend. There are no chain restaurants in Townsend, so eating there is kind of nice. There is a decent little grocery store. Tubing on the Little River is also available.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #18

Up the creek is booked for the dates we want. Anything else?
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipf18 View Post
Whatever floats your boat! We'll be heading up for our yearly trip to the park next week...we stay on the Cherokee side of the mountain and prefer to "rough it" in Smokemont campground, inside the park and along side Bradley Fork. Quiet. Beautiful!!
We love Smokemont! Have you ever hiked to the Carver cenetery? There is another cemetery acrooss the bridge near the dump station also. Not many know about them but the ranger can give directions. It's well worth the hike.
glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #20

Already booked a site at the Townsend KOA for the total eclipse next August.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount