Old 08-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #11

Hey Hockyfam. Fellow MA camper here also.

I frequent OOB also and usually stay at Hid n' Pines as it is within easy walking distance to the beach. I also live having a good size hardware store and supermarket within 1000 feet. Powder horn is just up the street and both campgrounds abut each other. I do believe the same family owns them both now. I find Hid n' pines to be a great family campground that is very laid back and enjoyable. Bathrooms are the cleanest I have ever seen. They clean them on the hour every hour. This year they just renovated a main bathroom building with all tile and Corian type counter tops. Absolutely beautiful. Never saw a campground renovate like that before. The staff is excellent and very friendly.

I will have to disagree with King Yankee. I do not find it crowded at all and I usually go around the fourth of July when OOB is considered the busiest.

Hid n' pines also has a very low number of seasonal sites so you are always surrounded by other vacationers and never feel you are in someone else's back yard.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #12

Hockeyfam, we have never been to the campground in Littleton. We live only minutes from there. I have heard it is nice though. I have also heard of Woodmore's. I know someone who has been there and loves it as well. Usually we look for things outside the campground to do. It sounds like my kids are much older, so we look for hiking trails, fishing, or a beach to go to. We just returned from 7 nights in Maine. We were between Bar Harbor and Camden. The kids enjoyed Acadia and Camden State Park. we went kayaking in the bay and my son did some fishing off the coast.

Sounds like hid n pines is a great place as well. Do the two connect? We have friends who are seasonal at Powder Horn and could see Hid N Pines was adjacent.

2013 7 nights camped
2014 10 nights camped
2015 17 nights camped
2016 10 nights camped
Hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #13

My boys are 9 and almost 6 so luckily they are completely content to do absolutely everything offered in the campground over and over lol!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Thanks for the review on Powder Horn, we have reservations there Sept. 18-21. Looking forward to trying cg. Vin, it was a mob of kids when we were there, we go every year to OOB, 3 hour drive for us. Happy camping folks.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #15

As I still have kids under 16 I guess I could immune to lots of kids scampering around and did not notice. Or was glad that my kids had others to play with.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote