Old 03-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
Must be referring to the Donut Hole!

2015 Legacy RB, Soon to be 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Legacy 360RB
DrJAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #12
I am in Destin right now at Topsail Preserve State Park. Make sure you have reservations before you head down here. I made mine 11 months ago. The sites at Camp Gulf are very, very small. If you want a day or so at a time, look at Fort Pickens, Henderson Beach and Topsail. The beaches are absolutely beautiful here! Also, The Donut Hole is great and the Red Barn for seafood. Have a great trip!

Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #13
We have only stayed at a nice place that we loved called DESTINWEST small RV Resort actually in Fort Walton Beach which is basically Destin (5 miles) we loved it... A fairly new resort... smal,l only about 50 or so slips, all beautiful level sites... Sits right on the Bay!.... U can have your coffee and watch sail boats on the Bay in the morning.....The RV resort is small but very attractive with a bath house, washers and dryers and a pool......But the great part is directly across the street is a nice Ramada Inn Resort on the Beach which is there "sister facility" and all RV resort guest get free use of all amenities at the hotel which includes an awsesome waterfall grotto pool with a swim up bar... Splash water park for the kids, gym, etc......So nice. We loved it! Highly recommend!
GH Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #14

X2 on the Donut Hole! They also make a great Key Lime Pie.
pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #15
We stayed at camp Gulf several years ago and loved it. We were right on the beach! The sites are very tight but it was worth it to be ON the beach. They offer for an additional fee sewer service at your option. Cannot wait to go back.
SCcamping16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #16
We Stayed at Camp Gulf last Labor Day weekend and Loved it. we were actually 1 row back from the beach front (first row of concrete slabs). you are still on the beach, but have sewer service and water.

My family loved it. quick access to the beach, nice facilities, and plenty of activities. We have made it one of our annual trips.
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013 Days Camped-10 (in a rental)
2014 Days Camped-52
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-32
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #17
Destin West RV resort

Very nice campground, but be aware if you made reservations in December you may not still have them New computer system, ours were cut from 3/13-3/20 to 3/17-3/20. We showed up on 3/13. Wanted us to move sites midweek, did not get the site we requested. Not very good customer service, no sorry about that just this is what we can do. Won't be gone back!
Bfee611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #18
Topsail Hill is the way to go. Reservations this time of year are hard to get. I check periodically for cancellations. In fact, last month I scored a killer spot there for a week in mid May. It is easier to get spots at Topsail in August which is brutally hot and humid and prime hurricane season.

Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 33 nights camped; 5 nights booked
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote