Old 07-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #31
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Over all we have had good luck in State parks. You even find some problems at KOA or Good Sam CG. Biggest complaint I have is the folks let there dogs run loose when the rules are they are to be on a lease. I've heard this saying so many times oh my dog would not hurt a fly. Not the point rules are rules obey them. Of course we have one less idiot that did not like safety rules and shoots off fire works from his head. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #32
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
Never have a problem in the VT State parks.....Well unless you don't mind the large invasion of Massachusetts vehicles.....
Come on the New Yorkers out number us

Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #33
Moderators' Assistant
We prefer state parks we just refuse to use them in the summer or during holidays.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #34
WV State Parks

Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
I have found state campgrounds to be terrible, from MI to UT, I no longer visit them. The hosts are worthless and not enough park rangers to keep the peace. And that is even being a personal friend with a UT state park ranger.
Too many people not respecting the rights of others.
We camp a lot at WV state parks and find them to generally be well managed and the rules enforced. There are exceptions and I know for sure it is dependent mostly on the individual superintendent in charge. It is like any business or organization in that leadership is key.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #35
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
could be worse - could be like the young man in Calais jsut up the road from us that lit a firework on July 4th off his head and died from his error...
OR, Darwins' theory at work!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #36
Site Team
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Sounds a lot like this past weekend at the CG we reside at.

Then when a few of us posted our frustrations on the private FB page created by and for seasonal campers like us, the posts mysteriously disappeared.

A whole lot of people are unhappy with the way the CG is being run. Many people have already pulled out and quite a few more are planning to pull out in the near future. We've already started scouting other nearby CGs.
Nice and quite down the road from ya.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 3 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #37
Director, FROG
Unfortunately, sometimes common sense and common courtesy are sadly misnamed.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #38
I am in the Southeast and have seen everything from well run State Park campgrounds to ones like you described. It seems to be the more hard up the park is for funding, the less they seem to care about how people act. The well run ones seem to stay full year round (or all season long). We have erased a couple of "backup" campgrounds just for the craziness, which we didn't want to deal with. For example Big Lagoon State Park in FL is a nightmare! Almost never full, even though it is in a big tourist spot. There is a reason for that.

Therefore, we make reservations well in advance for those nice campgrounds and tend to stay only in parks which have good reputations (like Henderson Beach State Park in Destin).

Create a network of friends and keep each other informed. Also use trip advisor and other tools. Good luck!
Ben and Doreen
Home Away From Home - 2017 PT Crusader 315RST
TV - 2008 F250 Lariat 4X4 6.4 Diesel
42 nights camping in 2015
49 nights so far in 2016 (Still Not Enough!)
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #39
Louisiana State Parks

We've only returned to camping since November but have been able to hit four Louisiana state parks (in the area of the toe of Louisiana's boot0, called the Northshore, from New Orleans on the southshore, or the Florida Parishes.) So no summer camping experiences yet but the parks are really great places to visit and have regular Camp Host and ranger visits. I think there has been a great deal of physical plant work and improvements in the last 10 years so are fine places to visit at a reasonable cost.
2015 Sunseeker 2860DS
Toad: 2012 Kia Soul
dav7158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #40
I've pulled my pup out of the drive twice so far this summer, but only to get it to higher ground! The alley next to my house turns to a river in a hard rain, and flows about knee deep, which is above floor level for a FR Flagstaff pup. Next week--THE REAL THING! My son and I will leave for ND, via the Mackinaw Straits Bridge and U.S Highway 2. My son is autistic, and loves to ride in the car. This time, he gets the front seat for about 1,300 miles (my wife is taking the train earlier)!

peaceparson is offline   Reply With Quote