Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
Retired

Help with Finalizing Spring Trip

One of our stops going south to Charleston SC is Williamsburg VA. We plan to stay at the Anvil Campground in Williamsburg (has anyone stayed there?) We are wondering if just returning to I95 in Richmond VA would be better or going south on I64 to I664 (Hampton Roads Beltway) to Rt 58 and reconnecting to I95 in Emporia VA.....any thoughts as to routes?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Happy Trails
Old 04-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
One of our stops going south to Charleston SC is Williamsburg VA. We plan to stay at the Anvil Campground in Williamsburg (has anyone stayed there?) We are wondering if just returning to I95 in Richmond VA would be better or going south on I64 to I664 (Hampton Roads Beltway) to Rt 58 and reconnecting to I95 in Emporia VA.....any thoughts as to routes?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Happy Trails
Never stayed there but I hope you like trains! The coal train goes through there very close to the CG around the clock.
limblips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by limblips View Post
Never stayed there but I hope you like trains! The coal train goes through there very close to the CG around the clock.
Forgot to answer your question re: the route home. Traffic is your concern regardless of route. Personally (since is avoid 95 if at all possible) I would take the 664 to US-58 route. Just try to avoid the heavy traffic times during the week (early in the morning 6-8 and afternoons 3-6). You will have the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge Tunnel to deal with on 664 but usually not an issue. US-58 is a good road but pay attention to speed limits. Relax and enjoy the scenery.
limblips is offline   Reply With Quote