Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #1

Hershey PA Area Campground

We have a family campground planned in 3 weeks or so for Hershey PA. I know a lot of you talk about going to the RV show there in the fall. Where do you stay? Any recommendations for this general area? Traveling with (3) kids so looking for somewhere comfortable but yet kid friendly. On the short list I have Highmeadow, Hershey KOA, Conewago, Pinch Pond, and Lickdale. (maybe not so short). Pinch Pond looks appealing, but sometimes it hard to get a good feel from the websites. Suggestions??

dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Newb

We stayed at Hershey Highmeadow last fall - it was ok. The sites were pretty tight, altho at least level and pull thru. And there's a train that rumbles through pretty often - we were farther away from it than some sights, but i could see where that would be annoying. We were just there to do a day at the park, so we didn't really do much at the campsite but eat and sleep.

This year (in October - our work has an exclusive day at the park) i'd like to stay somewhere different so more reviews would be nice - especially for the KOA.

F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #3

Try RVparkreviews.com and read what other RVrs have said about the campgrounds you are considering. It is our first stop when planning camping trips where commercial campgrounds are involved.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to jerr7
I recomend going to Lancaster area to camp, If you have small children YOULL love the DUTCH WONDERLAND Park on Route 30 Its better for smaller children i took 4 of my grand kids there and it was best time they had over Hershey Park.THere are quite a few great campgrounds in thatb area and its only about 25min away to Hersey if thats where you want to go.I never liked Hershey Highmeadow campgrounds If you desire a few that you might like it depends on what you want to Pay and what amenidities you like, if you want to email me ill give some info i been going to that area for many many years lol
jerry
http://community.webshots.com/user/j...host=community
jerr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #5

Don't know if you want to stay in Hershey or just be relatively close. If the latter, check out Robin Hill. Only about 20 minutes away. Gotta watch some of the outlying campgrounds are not really situated for bigger rigs (Blue Rocks comes to mind). Also have a KOA on RTE. 100, not sure of the town name, but that's a bit of a hike.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #6

Our camp site is 6 miles from Hershey off of RT322 and Mt Pleasant Rd, It"s a straight shot to Hershey Park.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #7

I ended up staying at a KOA in Jonestown. Priced right and was convenient for going to Hershey and other areas we visited. Campground was pretty decent. Seems like we left first thing every day and got back in the evening, so we didn't get to appreciate the campground. Vacations are so busy....
dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry7 View Post
I recommend going to Lancaster area to camp, If you have small children YOULL love the DUTCH WONDERLAND Park on Route 30 Its better for smaller children i took 4 of my grand kids there and it was best time they had over Hershey Park.THere are quite a few great campgrounds in that area and its only about 25min away to Hersey if that's where you want to go.I never liked Hershey Highmeadow campgrounds If you desire a few that you might like it depends on what you want to Pay and what amenities you like, if you want to email me ill give some info i been going to that area for many many years lol
jerry

The RV park next to Dutch Wonderland is called "OLD MILL STREAM" This campground is different then any other that I have been to, most sites there will test your skills, parallel parking with and RV is neat to accomplish, but they do have pull through. There is great shopping there as well, and you are only a few miles from Intercourse PA. where you have the Train Museum and the Amish farms and there markets along with the Amish furniture stores.