Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #11

FYI.......One other campground you can check into and that is Hershey Thousand Trails. It is 7 miles from the park right off of RT-322. This in the past has been a "Members Only Campground" but as of last year non-members have been permitted to camp there. If you look this up on the internet it is call "Hershey Preserves Thousand Trails" It is a safe camground and gated with 24 hour security, once you are in there is no extra cost for the pool, hot tub, tennis courts, miniture golf, horesshoes, canoes on the lake, vollyball court, you can also fish from the pier. they have a family center with TV games and a lot more. On the weekends other activities going on as well.

TT opens in April and closes after Hollween.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
FYI.......One other campground you can check into and that is Hershey Thousand Trails. It is 7 miles from the park right off of RT-322. This in the past has been a "Members Only Campground" but as of last year non-members have been permitted to camp there. If you look this up on the internet it is call "Hershey Preserves Thousand Trails" It is a safe camground and gated with 24 hour security, once you are in there is no extra cost for the pool, hot tub, tennis courts, miniture golf, horesshoes, canoes on the lake, vollyball court, you can also fish from the pier. they have a family center with TV games and a lot more. On the weekends other activities going on as well.

TT opens in April and closes after Hollween.
We stayed there in 2011. Nice place, but known for being a bit strict on the rules. I, for instance, was reprimanded for jumping into the pool (mind you, it was a full out, splash everyone possible on that corner of the pool, kind of jump).

Their electric + water only loops are really nice if you can go without sewer. I'd gladly stay there again.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We stayed there in 2011. Nice place, but known for being a bit strict on the rules. I, for instance, was reprimanded for jumping into the pool (mind you, it was a full out, splash everyone possible on that corner of the pool, kind of jump).

Their electric + water only loops are really nice if you can go without sewer. I'd gladly stay there again.
We have been members since 2000 and up til three years ago we had an annual site in "B" loop over looking the pond, then two years ago when the cabins went up for sale we bought one, could not turn that deal down, now we are not looking down on the pond but looking across the pond from the other side of the campground in "C" loop we are up at TT most weekends.

We ordered a new camper during the Hershey RV Show and we just received a phome call this past Monday the 10th that our new camper is in, we are going the pick it up on the 28th so there will be a few weekends we will be out with the new camper and not at the cabin. My wife wants the ocean so since we can"t bring the ocean to Hershey we have to go where the weaves are....Ocean City, Mytle Beach, and Disney World.

If you come back to TT look me up I have cold beer and a Hot Campfire going.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
We have been members since 2000 and up til three years ago we had an annual site in "B" loop over looking the pond, then two years ago when the cabins went up for sale we bought one, could not turn that deal down, now we are not looking down on the pond but looking across the pond from the other side of the campground in "C" loop we are up at TT most weekends.

We ordered a new camper during the Hershey RV Show and we just received a phome call this past Monday the 10th that our new camper is in, we are going the pick it up on the 28th so there will be a few weekends we will be out with the new camper and not at the cabin. My wife wants the ocean so since we can"t bring the ocean to Hershey we have to go where the weaves are....Ocean City, Mytle Beach, and Disney World.

If you come back to TT look me up I have cold beer and a Hot Campfire going.
For the beach - assuming that you're Thousand Trails members, Sea Pines is really nice, though it can be hard to get a sewer site. They do make honey runs during the week, though. Haven't stayed at Lake and Shore yet, but we have gone over during the day for their water park. I just found out that all of their sites have sewer, but they only have like 80 non-annual sites. It can be tough to get in there.

We've gone to Ocean City, MD at Frontiertown and Fenwick Island at Treasure Beach RV Park. A little spendy, but they're beach towns. Both had their ups and downs (Treasure Beach is something like a thousand sites, but all but a handful are seasonal and most have full structures built up around the campers).

Next time we're in Hershey, I'll PM you. It was a really nice park from what I remember.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #15

We live in day trip distance so can't talk much about camping in the area, but I know a lot of the attractions.
-Hershey Park is excellent. The new water park area is pretty well done.
-Dutch Wonderland out by Lancaster is pretty nice for smaller kids.
-The PA Renaissance Faire is a lot fun.
-I personally have spent many hours and want to spend many more at the Strasburg Railroad. I like old iron, and once spent time talking to a volunteer who drove a steamer in active service at the museum.
-There is a pet store named "That Fish Place" near Lancaster I have wanted to visit on rave reviews.
-Also, the Sight and Sound Theatre has some neat biblical shows. Think if Disney did the Bible.
-Pennsylvania Dutch Country in Lancaster County PA | Amish Country activities, shopping, dining, lodging has some really good info for the area.
-One really nice thing about the area is you can buy all your food from road stands, mostly Amish or Mennonite (closed Sundays).
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
For the beach - assuming that you're Thousand Trails members, Sea Pines is really nice, though it can be hard to get a sewer site. They do make honey runs during the week, though. Haven't stayed at Lake and Shore yet, but we have gone over during the day for their water park. I just found out that all of their sites have sewer, but they only have like 80 non-annual sites. It can be tough to get in there.

We've gone to Ocean City, MD at Frontiertown and Fenwick Island at Treasure Beach RV Park. A little spendy, but they're beach towns. Both had their ups and downs (Treasure Beach is something like a thousand sites, but all but a handful are seasonal and most have full structures built up around the campers).

Next time we're in Hershey, I'll PM you. It was a really nice park from what I remember.
TT open early April this year, I think around the 8th, we will be there to get our cabin open and ready for the season, so please look us up......
Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
We live in day trip distance so can't talk much about camping in the area, but I know a lot of the attractions.
-Hershey Park is excellent. The new water park area is pretty well done.
-Dutch Wonderland out by Lancaster is pretty nice for smaller kids.
-The PA Renaissance Faire is a lot fun.
-I personally have spent many hours and want to spend many more at the Strasburg Railroad. I like old iron, and once spent time talking to a volunteer who drove a steamer in active service at the museum.
-There is a pet store named "That Fish Place" near Lancaster I have wanted to visit on rave reviews.
-Also, the Sight and Sound Theatre has some neat biblical shows. Think if Disney did the Bible.
-Pennsylvania Dutch Country in Lancaster County PA | Amish Country activities, shopping, dining, lodging has some really good info for the area.
-One really nice thing about the area is you can buy all your food from road stands, mostly Amish or Mennonite (closed Sundays).
We have been to most of these places and they are all great, we also go to Shady Maple for dinner as well. Next Dutch Wonderland is a somewhat of a different campground called "Old Mill Streams" very nice campground and in the middle of everything, what makes this campground different is the way you park your camper, they do have some pull through sites and back-ins but a lot of them you have to parallel park your rig.

We also have been to the "FISH PLACE" as a matter of fact I use to raise tropical fresh water and salt water fish and have ordered fish from them and had them shipped to my house, The Fish Place shippes fish all over the us and you can buy direct from them.

Strasburg RailRoad is a great place to go, not only for the train ride but for model trains collectors as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #18

I really appreciate everyone's input! I have some real planning to do and all of your replies will help tremendously!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #19

Try rvparkreviews to locate parks etc. Sometimes get good info.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #20

In Lancaster Old Mill Stream is a great spot some of the T sites have been changed to back in so that helps. They do not have a pool so keep that in mind and use the light to get out as traffic can be a nightmare.