Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1

Hershey, PA campgrounds

Just wondering who has any recommendations for campgrounds in the Hershey, PA area for summer 2013. It will be the six of us in our 30ft TT for over a week. Full hookups would be a must for this stay. Also, there seems to be many attractions in this area so is there anything that we simple can't miss while in the area?
Thanks in advance!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo0706
Just wondering who has any recommendations for campgrounds in the Hershey, PA area for summer 2013. It will be the six of us in our 30ft TT for over a week. Full hookups would be a must for this stay. Also, there seems to be many attractions in this area so is there anything that we simple can't miss while in the area?
Thanks in advance!
We've stayed at High Meadow Campground who I believe is assoc.with Hershey, not sure. Anyway its fully outfitted but meant to be more of a jumping off spot for the attractions then "camping". Reserve early, also have free trams to the local sites. Enjoy... Hershey park!

Old 12-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I stayed at Harrisburg East Campground during the 2012 Hershey RV Show: Harrisburg East Campground and Storage

Rates are decent....I paid $30 per nite with 30 amp and water hookups. I just dumped the tanks when leaving, so I didn't need sewer.

Most of the sites were fairly level, although I had to jack the front of my camper up pretty high to get in level in my site.

There were some seasonal campers there, as well as at least 1 family living in their motor home, but no problems. Some sites are about 100 yds from the interstate......other than that it was quiet........of course with the interstate, you couldn't tell if you had noisy neighbors or not.

Easy to get to Hershey Park from there. I had some friends that stayed in the Lancaster area, and they had a long drive to Hershey, as well as being tied up in accident traffic for a couple of hours 1 day trying to get to the RV show.

I will stay at Harrisburg East again when I attend the Hershey RV Show next time.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Twin Grove KOA is about a 20 minute ride north of Hershey, but isn't next to the train tracks (like Highmeadow) and has a lot of good amenities....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #5

We stayed at high meadow. The park was OK - some of it is a bit hilly but the sites were ok. The tram to Hershey park was handy, we used their laundry facility. The trains going by didn't bother us. Some of the other campers were annoying - but you get that anywhere. The employees zipping around on golf carts seemed to keep people in order.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #6

X2 on Twin Grove. My family has had a long camping weekend there for the past several years (even before we had the camper-they have nice cabins for rent.) This past August, we finally got to use the camper there, got the site closest to the cabins and had a blast. Level, gravel sites with full hookups, nice pool (just redone,) doggie park, restaurant and ice cream place right on site, and well away from the interstate, so it's quiet. If you were planning to do any off-road Jeeping while in PA, Rausch Creek Off Road Park and Anthracite Offroad Adventure Area are also closeby.
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #7

Thank you very much for the replies thus far, I really appreciate the input! The campground we have been looking at is called Pinch pond and I guess it's between Hershey and Lancaster from what they say. I will check into the campgrounds you all mentioned and see what they look like. Is traffic really bad in that area? I have never been anywhere close to there and was wondering if I could expect long drives to all the fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #8

I never stayed at Pinch Pond but friends of ours did and really liked it. Try going on line, type in RV Hunter Pennsylvania. Look for Hershey, Harrisburg, and Lancaster areas. Gives you a lot of information including mileage to Hershey Park. Good luck and have fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #9

we stayed with friends so no help with camping but the trolly ride tour is a must do!! We did the combo pack of all the tours which alowwed us free parking that day Also if you are planning on doing the theme park buy your tickets online (they were a lot cheaper) and then use them for a "free preview" of the park the day before, the ticket has a P on it that they stamp that alowys you in the park for the last 2 hrs(i think it was ) of the days before also if you park after a certain time save you parking ticket and you can reuse it the next day! hope this helps and enjoy your trip I know we did
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #10

Elizabethtown,KOA lots of venders from the H show stay there,short drive to show and away from all the (Chocolate). Not really (Mars) is located there,also one of the most beautiful Masonic Homes ever! Youroo!!