Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2016, 06:11 AM   #41
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I doubt if insurance companies can tell if you were on the phone, I have apps on my phone that my cell carrier can't track and I don't think my iPhone can be broke into

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Cell carriers can track when you are actively using the network to talk or text, but not use apps. Police can access this data with a warrant. Most likely insurance cannot unless there is a police investigation.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #42
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
While I would when not towing.. I stay out of the left lane for the 80mph people to drive on. I do not need to move over for you, you have the yield sign not me. You can speed up or slow down to merge. My cruise control is set..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think most folks never learned what a yield sign is. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #43
I had a few good ones so far this year.

1) rt 28 headed to Old Forge/Adirondacks. being single lane with lots of curves there are no many chances to pass. I do a decent speed by typically will have a few cars behind me. On a straight away without oncoming traffic i will move over a bit and give them a chance to pass. But this last time i have to pick ups that were happy to stay behind me. but then this little crossover car or something decided to pass the two trucks and me. they didnt have nearly enough room. they get up along side of me and i see the curve and oncoming traffic. had i not slowed down it would have got ugly. the crazy part is not far a head of me was a group of slow vehicles. hour up the road i stopped at a light, yup right behind the guy that wanted to kill me.

2) rt 81 north towards alex bay. i was doing 62 or so, stayed in the right lane the entire time. Lady comes up an on ramp right along my truck, i stay at my speed and cant move over. she proceeds to ride right next to me at the same speed. she then slows down as she starts running out of time/room. no sooner does my truck get past her and she swerves barely missing my camper and lays on the horn. she pretty much had to stop in order to stay on the road as the ramp ended. I really dont thing she had a clue my camper was back there.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #44
Some entrance ramps have "Merge" signs, others have "Yield" signs, some are stoplight controlled. Seems that none work all the time. I'll move to the left, IF and WHEN I can to allow traffic entering onto the superslab. But if/when I can't move....well as we know, it gets interesting..
Retired U.S. Coast Guard Mustang
Presently a librarian @ Duke
Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #45
It really peeves me when someone comes up the on ramp at a slow pace and puts me in the position of slowing down to let them in, and then they take off like a bat out of hell. Why cannot they get up to traffic speed to make the merge easy?

Just because someone has a driver license does not mean they know how to drive!

Drive safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #46
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It works the other way, too. You're trying to get on, the left lane is clear, but the guy in the right lane won't go over to let you on.

Call me one of the those that do that. I used to religiously move to the left (passing) lane when approaching an on ramp to let the merging traffic on. A few years ago I quit doing it. Anymore when you do that, about 90% of the time the person you just let on accelerates to pass you with the intent of getting in front of you at all costs. Now I stand my ground in that lane, and hold my speed. Screw em. They have the yield sign not I.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #47
Mod free 5er
Best thing to do is move over IF you can or slow down and let the idiots in. Live and let live. IF you drive defensively, you will see them coming up in more than enough time to slow down for them.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #48
They need to use the merge lane to either speed up and get in front of me or slow down and get behind me. I can't solve all their problems. I've had them stare at me or just plain ignore me. 9 times out of 10 there is a vehicle to my left and I can't get over anyway. A car or truck basically empty has more options to speed up or slow down than we do with a camper behind us.
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped far
Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #49
(Dry Huunday)
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Best thing to do is move over IF you can or slow down and let the idiots in. Live and let live. IF you drive defensively, you will see them coming up in more than enough time to slow down for them.
Yep. I'm always checking the on-ramp for vehicles as soon as I can see it and I'll move over if I can, especially if there is a long line of cars merging....If I can't, I can't and if that's the case I'll slow down some IF needed.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Old 07-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #50
Mod free 5er
You can see most merge lanes at least 1/4-1/2 mile ahead, plenty of time to slow down for them.

Closed Thread