Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #81

Yep happens all the time.... Then they go around me and flip me the bird.....I guess they don't teach new drivers that they have to yield before they merge on the highway
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #82

When towing our TT, my wife will be courteous and move over to allow cars to merge off the ramp. The merging cars will speed up and keep pace with us, so then she can't move back over. Cars behind get impatient and move to pass us on the right. So then we're stuck in the left lane doing 60 and cant do anything about it. I keep telling her to stay in the right lane and let the merging drivers adjust but she is courteous to a fault.

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
MrHavercamp - I can't defend you this time. Go back and read post #24.
Not needing any defense, at least in PA., right out of the PA vehicle code.

§ 3321. Vehicle approaching or entering intersection.
(a) General rule.--When two vehicles approach or enter an intersection from different highways at approximately the same time, the driver of the vehicle on the left shall yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right.
(b) Exception.--The right-of-way rule established in subsection (a) is not applicable:
(1) on through highways, where the traffic on the through highway shall have the right-of-way;
(2) on limited-access highways, where the traffic on the limited-access highway shall have the right-of-way;

Looks about as clear to me as it can be.no matter what the signage says. So if you're coming down the ramp in PA, don't expect me to slow down to allow you in because I am ENTITLED to the right of way.. I am also ENTITLED to not be in the pile up you caused by pushing yourself into the traffic flow.

No comment on lukegsdaddys post other than I didn't delete it or request it be deleted. I stand by my comments. I assume you violated a forum rule although I won't pass judgement as its not my dept.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
When towing our TT, my wife will be courteous and move over to allow cars to merge off the ramp. The merging cars will speed up and keep pace with us, so then she can't move back over. Cars behind get impatient and move to pass us on the right. So then we're stuck in the left lane doing 60 and cant do anything about it. I keep telling her to stay in the right lane and let the merging drivers adjust but she is courteous to a fault.

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
Exactly.....and that happens about 80% of the time or better even when you're not towing a trailer which is one of the reasons I quit being Mr Nice Guy. That is despite most places having a law against that exact situation and passing on the right.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #85

I thought this thread was about zombies.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #86

I'm on the road a lot, mostly in a 337 Pete straight truck, sometimes with my pickup and 5th.

I'm not a saint. But I am SO sick of everybody that thinks they can go 60 in the middle lane of a 3 lane road! Get in the right lane! Tonight I passed an 18 wheeler in the right lane on a 3 lane with the Pete. Not allowed in the left lane legally, not allowed to pass on the right, but sick of following this clown that wouldn't get over. As I passed him he was waving his arms all over like a maniac. Never did get out of the middle lane. Some offenders are cars, but there are lots of truckers that should know better!

I move over to let traffic merge in if I can, be it with the truck and trailer or Pete. Most can't merge and getting over saves me the stress. The ones that stop at the end of the ramps are the worst, I need that ramp to get to speed to merge in. My Ford can get back on track from a slowed down merge, but the Pete with its useless Allison trans is a roadhazard trying to get back up to speed.

I be courteous as much as I can, but if they try to pass me in the right lane when my turn signal is on, you better get on your damn brakes because I will make you slow down when I keep coming. And if they try to pass me on the right just to get in front of the truck that isn't causing the jam, I will guarantee they will not get in!
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

The site team has done some cleanup to this thread to help keep the forum harmony. Just a reminder of the forum rules:
· Do not engage in personal attacks.
·Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.
·We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others.
·Posts containing vulgar language that are overly explicit or obscene, images or links to websites with adult content/images are not allowed.
·Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
·Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
·We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.

We have decided this thread has run its course and it is time to close this one.
Closed Thread