Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #71

Well I guess I should have yielded and not even commented on this thread.

I assume a yield sign is put there to only offer a suggestion or to keep the sign industry in business which sort of takes it back to the original post where people aren't paying any attention to the signs LOL.
I yield the conversation

Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #72
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Well I guess I should have yielded and not even commented on this thread.

I assume a yield sign is put there to only offer a suggestion or to keep the sign industry in business which sort of takes it back to the original post where people aren't paying any attention to the signs LOL.
I yield the conversation
OP didn't say anything about yield signs. Besides, not all ramps have them.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #73
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me? Maintaining my speed, in my Lane on a limited access Highway ,instead of jamming my brakes on to let some Bozo in and taking the chance of a guy behind me rear ending me is entitlement?
I'll take a rear ending before being pushed into the side of an 18 wheeler on one side and an idiot on the other. If you watch entrance ramps, you have plenty of time to slow down without jamming on the brakes.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me? Maintaining my speed, in my Lane on a limited access Highway ,instead of jamming my brakes on to let some Bozo in and taking the chance of a guy behind me rear ending me is entitlement?
There's a pretty big difference between letting off the accelerator a little and dropping a few MPH's to let somebody slide in and "jamming on your brakes".

All we are suggesting is the former.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
OP didn't say anything about yield signs. Besides, not all ramps have them.
One thing people seem to forget is that you are responsible for knowing and abiding by the traffic laws of the state you happen to be driving in. Most states have laws stating that merging traffic must yield. they also have laws that you are supposed to be doing the minimum speed before entering the traffic lane.

BTW, they do NOT have to post yield, stay right execpt to pass, trucks use right/right two lanes, etc in order for them to be enforced, and YES a Motor home, a SUV w/ trailer, a Pickup w/ 5er are all considered TRUCKS when it comes to traffic laws

But the truth is, this nation has be become a ME FIRST and ONLY society. Want to know who is to blame...the older generations for letting their kids turn out that way.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #76
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
My RULE for the road is "Try not to ever have a wreck"...........
X100!!!! you win the internet sir!!!
That is my goal everytime I roll out of the yard and if that means I slow a tad or change lanes then thats what I'm gonna do!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #77

Quote:
Call me one of the those that do that. I used to religiously move to the left (passing) lane when approaching an on ramp to let the merging traffic on. A few years ago I quit doing it. Anymore when you do that, about 90% of the time the person you just let on accelerates to pass you with the intent of getting in front of you at all costs. Now I stand my ground in that lane, and hold my speed. Screw em. They have the yield sign not I.
They deleted my last response to your post as I was just quoting the way you described yourself. As being one of those'P...s".
A little common courtesy to your fellow man would help out society more.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #78

Quote:
That's exactly what you are supposed to do unless they changed it since I took my driving test. If there is too much traffic for you to safely enter the highway without affecting the traffic at speed, you are supposed to come to a complete stop. On the ramp...not the highway. That is called Yielding hence the sign. What if the traffic is bumper to bumper doing 65mph? How do you merge into that? You don't, you stop and wait until it ends.

Now days they have ramps that turn into "merge" lanes. Typically they are much longer and are where the highway has 3 or more lanes. Here in PA a lot of them have both Yield and Merge signs. That means merge if possible but if for some reason you can't merge, yield to the traffic on the highway without affecting it.

In any case the person at speed on the highway has the right of way and legally does not need to do anything but maintain his speed in his current lane. The last thing any of it is designed to do is slow down or alter the flow of the traffic already on the highway such as making people change lanes, that's how pileups happen.
MrHavercamp - I can't defend you this time. Go back and read post #24.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 07-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendive View Post
Anything can be hacked or broken into. Let me have your phone for 10 min and I can have access to anything I want.

I don't think you can get in, heck I would bet money on it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Cell carriers can track when you are actively using the network to talk or text, but not use apps. Police can access this data with a warrant. Most likely insurance cannot unless there is a police investigation.

Not with a iPhone, can't hack my phone. What cops want to do is use brute force to get in your phone but it won't work with my phone

I try to let people in on the interstate when I can but sometimes I can't, someone on my left. A lot of drivers don't know how to merge into traffic. When I'm merging into traffic I get up to the speed limit before I merge into traffic, I try to share the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Closed Thread