Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #21

DOT is recommending anyone from up north just avoid North and South Carolina entirely. The storm is going to swing by Columbia and start moving up the western part of NC heading north.

From what I've seen, they're recommending people heading south get to I-81 to Tennessee and jump on I-75 in Knoxville. Take I-75 through Atlanta. If you need to get back to I-95, it seems anywhere around the southern portion of SC should be OK.

I know I-40 from I-95 to Wilmington is closed. Multiple parts of I-95 from Rocky Mount to SC is also closed. Especially around Lumberton.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #22

In Wilmington flooding is getting worse, homes that were not flooded before now are, tornado warnings for the area.

Our son so far has just lost his fence, but now it looks like he may get some flooding......... he is with us but has some friends that stayed behind.

Also hearing that the Wilmington area water dept. is having issues so water may go out, as they can not get fuel to their back up generators to power their pumps etc..

This thing is far from over for NC ...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #23

We have evacuated to Eastern TN. but live in Calabash, NC. All of the rain from Flo that is now falling in central and western NC is flowing east causing the rivers to overflow. Though the winds have subsided, it is from storm surge and massive amounts of rain that are causing catastrophic flooding. Alot of people are getting stranded from the flooding which is only getting worse plus no power. We've been advised to stay put. We are anxious to get back home but not at the risk of danger. Prayers for those less fortunate.
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #24
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
In Wilmington flooding is getting worse, homes that were not flooded before now are, tornado warnings for the area.

Our son so far has just lost his fence, but now it looks like he may get some flooding......... he is with us but has some friends that stayed behind.

Also hearing that the Wilmington area water dept. is having issues so water may go out, as they can not get fuel to their back up generators to power their pumps etc..

This thing is far from over for NC ...........
Good news... They got enough fuel for the duration. Bad news is the rivers are rising AND it still hasn't stopped raining.

Aaron [emoji41]

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
We have evacuated to Eastern TN. but live in Calabash, NC. All of the rain from Flo that is now falling in central and western NC is flowing east causing the rivers to overflow. Though the winds have subsided, it is from storm surge and massive amounts of rain that are causing catastrophic flooding. Alot of people are getting stranded from the flooding which is only getting worse plus no power. We've been advised to stay put. We are anxious to get back home but not at the risk of danger. Prayers for those less fortunate.
Hi Neighbor! We are NW of Columbia and anxious to get home as well. Hopefully, mid to late next week. Power has been restored to SC mostly, Brunswick County is way behind them.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #26

Good luck to all! Some info on driving for those not local to the area: https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/d...-flooded-roads
Old 09-22-2018, 09:10 AM   #27

Our son is back in Wilmington, while being bypassed around I40 he said the smell was horrific. Wilmington is in really bad shape many areas still without power. Limited food at the stores. His house fared well all he lost was a few shingles and his privacy fence. Less that a 1/2 mile away was serious flooding though.

On a side not the Community College where he works is planning to reopen October 1st.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #28

My brother in law and his family made it back to their home in Wilmington a couple days ago. Their house had minor wind damage but luckily no flooding. Sounds like his kids will be going back to school on Wednesday.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote