Old 08-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #1

Hurricane Earl

For those of you living in the mid-Atlantic through eastern Canada, I am sure you are aware of Hurricane Earl that is working its way toward the eastern seaboard, particularly from the northeast part of South Carolina all the way up into Canada. Here is the link to the National Hurricane map and site to track Earl as it makes its way up the coast.

Hurricane EARL

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have been keep an eye on that puppy. I figured we would get some of the outer bands of rain, but the weather reports still indicate hot and dry through the weekend.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #3

We are heading to Myrtle Beach Saturday for a week. It looks like they will be spared the storm, only having high surf and possible rip tides.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
bmg

We're going to the Outerbanks after Labor Day. We're safe from Earl, but I'm watching the storm, Invest 98, that is behind Earl. That would could be trouble for some.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #5

Tropical Storm Fiona

Here is Tropical Storm Fiona's current estimated path. Nothing like getting them one right after another. This one looks to stay out to sea so far.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM   #6

with a twist of luck we might be able to go Saturday down to the campground in Buxton. Reservations are for Friday but I don't know how that is looking right now. I know if they evacuate the island Thursday and re-open it Friday or saturday that will be hell to get through. Then I gotta think about if they lose power and what not. Already talked to the CG and they said keep the reservation and if we can't get down till Saturday we won't be charged for Friday thankfully.
Equal-I-zer
samsc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
Jas

I'm about 20 miles from Virginia Beach and it's coming right for us!!!!!

Got both trucks fueled for a planned trip inland this weekend anyhow. I just need to catch the dogs and find the chainsaw. I might be leaving a day earlier just in case. I was here for Isabel and it was no fun, I'd rather be camping this time and worry about what's left to clean up afterwards.

Nights camped in 2011: 19
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
I'm about 20 miles from Virginia Beach and it's coming right for us!!!!!

Got both trucks fueled for a planned trip inland this weekend anyhow. I just need to catch the dogs and find the chainsaw. I might be leaving a day earlier just in case. I was here for Isabel and it was no fun, I'd rather be camping this time and worry about what's left to clean up afterwards.
Hopefully this time instead of plowing through it will just graze you and not do much if any damage. Speaking of Isabel, I sat through Virginia Tech's game with Texas A & M that night in Blacksburg. That was an experience. At least we won.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
bmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Hopefully this time instead of plowing through it will just graze you and not do much if any damage. Speaking of Isabel, I sat through Virginia Tech's game with Texas A & M that night in Blacksburg. That was an experience. At least we won.
Yeah, but A&M's not Boise!! Good luck there.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg View Post
Yeah, but A&M's not Boise!! Good luck there.
First time in a while we have to wonder about our defense instead of the offense since they are fairly in-experienced. The offense is SUPPOSED to be tough. Who knows. This game may be a shoot out.