Old 08-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #31
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have no idea who you're referring to.

I have no idea how putting down levelers is construed as being "too lazy to just park and close the blinds"? What in the world does LAZY have to do with it???
Makes no sense IMO either.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #32
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Makes no sense IMO either.
Moreso, I just don't understand this need to insult people and call names when making a point. Seems to me, that you would lose all credibility with name calling vs. making a point and letting it be.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #33

Please see the attached link and also watch the included video from Chuck Woodbury. It should set the record straight for staying at Wal Mart
RV Parking at Walmart | Walmart Atlas
Old 08-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #34
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
Please see the attached link and also watch the included video from Chuck Woodbury. It should set the record straight for staying at Wal Mart

RV Parking at Walmart | Walmart Atlas

Per that link, "...Chuck Woodbury explains the “unofficial rules”...", they're unofficial rules. Walmart doesn't give any guidance as to what is and isn't allowed.

Additionally, on a Walmart Parking Yahoo Group - the WalmartAtlas.com page has known discrepancies of which stores do and do not allow overnight parking.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Per that link, "...Chuck Woodbury explains the “unofficial rules”...", they're unofficial rules. Walmart doesn't give any guidance as to what is and isn't allowed.

Additionally, on a Walmart Parking Yahoo Group - the WalmartAtlas.com page has known discrepancies of which stores do and do not allow overnight parking.
After rewatching the Chuck Woodbury video no where does he say "unoffical rules". If that is the way you chose to interpert the video, that is your choice but most of us will abide by the rules and enjoy the option of staying at a Wal Mart
Old 08-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #36
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
After rewatching the Chuck Woodbury video no where does he say "unoffical rules". If that is the way you chose to interpert the video, that is your choice but most of us will abide by the rules and enjoy the option of staying at a Wal Mart

I quoted it exactly as it is written on that page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440030527.750000.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	86227

Chuck doesn't work for Walmart and that site isn't affiliated with Walmart.

So again- these are recommendations and not rules. The Walmart corporate site merely mentions parking and that RVers are welcome. It's up to the individual managers (or local ordinances) to make the rules for their stores.

Slides or no slides; jacks or no jacks; and everything else - IMO, leave it to the basic rule: leave it in the same condition that you found or even better if you can. Don't be a nuisance and certainly don't leave a mess or worse- damage.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Truth be told, when driving down I-95 (from MD to FL), I prefer going without reservations. Unless it is a holiday weekend, there are usually transient stops that are easy to stop and spend the night. If you're spending a couple days, maybe pre-plan and be picky; otherwise, find the closest campground when you're tired of driving and pull in.

I would do that but we are going to be looking for a site December 26 and I'd rather just reserve something so I'm not hunting for somewhere to stay. I don't know if that will be a busy time or not...............
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #38
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
I would do that but we are going to be looking for a site December 26 and I'd rather just reserve something so I'm not hunting for somewhere to stay. I don't know if that will be a busy time or not...............
That's probably not a bad idea. It's hard to say. We drove home this past year from Key West to Maryland from January 1st to 3rd or 4th without reservations and stayed at RV parks each night (had my in-laws with us who will NOT stay if we're at Walmarts).
Old 08-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #39
Who Dares, Wins

Has anyone had issue with staying in VA I think it was where the 95 rest arras said you could not overnight park?!?! Seemed odd, considering they mandate the truckers to stop and sleep...

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #40

We just did a single night stop at Savannah South KOA Georgia when we were headed north. This time of year staying ANYWHERE in the south without electricity to get the Air Conditioning running is just NOT my style any longer! We thought the location was EASY on and off the I-95 corridor and the campground itself was very clean with spotless facilities and friendly staff.

Savannah South KOA | Camping in Georgia | KOA Campgrounds

Easy reservation made online was decent piece of mind to know I had a pull through spot I never even had to unhitch in. Left the truck hitched the night while we slept, I just disconnected the trailer electrical plug from the truck before hooking shore power up to our rig just because I get nervous about any potential back-feed...no knowledge of possibilities I just do it anyway. We slept perfectly with our AC running full tilt and had water to clean up dinner plates and ourselves and breakfast coffee before hitting the road the next day..for us it was JUST RIGHT!

2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote