Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #41

Richard rv

Huntington state park or hunting island state park SC are both very nice places to camp in the winter. Both are on.the coast.just down from myrtle Beach, just not as crowded
.day time Temps are mid 60's lows in the upper.40's. Just right for a good bonfire. I guess the breeze from the ocean keeps the temps moderate.
richard rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #42

As a long time resident of the state, you have extremes in temp. The mountains will be cold, the Piedmont will range from 0 to 70 depending on teh weather. I have worn shorts on more than one Christmas.

As you get closer to the coast it will be normally warmer. Wilmington is a good bet, they still can get some white stuff. I would vote for Myrtle Beach or maybe Charleston, if they ever dry out.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #43

Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking I may wait till week before I want to leave to check out the extended forecast.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #44

We camp every month of the year here in N.C. and have done so for the past 7 years. Never a problem, and we really enjoy it more than camping in sweltering weather. The high and low temps can vary greatly here, so check the forecasts. Also, almost all the campgrounds here stay open all year, with the exceptions being some of those up in the mountains.

We end up winterizing and de-winterizing four or five times a year, but it makes more sense to us than sitting at home all winter.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Was wondering if North Carolina is warm enough to start camping in January? I don't want to drive to Florida to get warm weather. Only needing high 50's or low 60's at minimum. Looking for a respite from Pennsylvania January. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated.

I know different parts of state have differing temperatures just like PA. I think east of I 95 have the warmer temps.
Some Jan. weather may be 60 or 15 Dec. We never know but my bet is on zCOLD
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #46

Sometimes we see snow where we live at, we live between Warsaw and Turkey NC. I like to see it snow, get to make snow cream. But most years we don't see much. My Cedar Creek is made for cold weather camping. I like to sit outside when it's a little cold, DW and I don't sit outside much when it's hot. Carolina Beach in usually warm, there is a state park there and Winners RV park. Another good place to go is Ocean Lakes campground in Myrtle Beach and the rates are cheap in winter, lots of good places to eat at too. In Surf City there is Laniers campground, one the best spots there is 1A. You get a great views of the sound, no sewer though. Also Blackbeard's RV park, it's just a little tight and last time I was there it was cash only, in winter most good places to eat are closed there. Between Wilmington and Carolina Beach a great place to eat breakfast at is the Sawmill Restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote