Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 06:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gator View Post
My wife and I have the same fever. Got our new Salem Hemishere 263RL the first of April. Been out in it two times for two nights each time. Getting it ready for an night stay in two weeks but told her last night we needed another two night local "trial" run before we go. Planning next week end after I complete the install of the back up camera set up. Hard wired for seeing the ball and wireless for the trailer.

The only solution for this type of fever is to get out rving/camping.
Yes, we are getting excited about going for a week away! Sometimes we sit in the trailer for a while, which does help a little. We have been organizing everything, DH building shelves for the cabinets, making more purchases (probably could have gone on that once in a lifetime Viking River cruise in Europe), and just figuring out what is essential for our home-away-from home. Fun stuff! Life is so busy, but we are trying to get away once a month, even if it is close to home.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #22

We get away for a long weekend a month but the BIG trip this year will be the Phrog Music Phest in Nashville, followed by the FROG International Rally Followed by a few days in MI with DW's Parents - ALMOST a month! It will give us a taste of what retirement (in 2 years!) will be like!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #23

We have taken our camper TO work....My work so we can leave earlier, near the wifes work to save drive time for her when I'm off.
We about stay set up at home in camp driveway, and the majority of our trips are 2-3 nights less than 60 miles from home.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #24

Was a nice little trip. Kept working on that gas fitting, no go. Burgers over the fire taste better anyways! Gonna just replace the fitting. Found one water leak right next the the filter, compression fitting was loose, quick easy fix. Got a little more organized, found a few things that we forgot to pack from the old camper. Was nice to get away. Did a little hiking and lots of relaxing. Even caught a nice nap on the beach lol
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote