Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #1

Just return from PirateLand in Myrtle Beach

We were in Myrtle Beach for two weeks and I see that I have a lot of reading to do here on the forum. Just wanted to share some pic of our site.
pic#1- is a pic of our site from the openning of the beach.
pic#2- is a pic of the beach from the top of our camper.
pic#3- is a pic looking down to the South.
pic#4- is a pic looking up to the North.
We had great weather during the two weeks, on July 7th it was the hottest day there it 98 degrees with a heat index of 105 degrees and it was my wife's Birthday. We went to Margaritaville for here Birthday dinner and had a 1 hour wait, after we were seated I noticed that it was warm in side so I ask what's up with the a/c?-----the answer was "not Working" so we eat in a sweat.
I posted about a problem I had with our fridge just before we left for vacation, some may remember. The check light kept coming on every time I turn the fridge on, so I had replace the fuse and all was well before we took off. Well never had another problem, fridge was working like new for the two weeks BUT another problem pop up once I park the camper in my site......The slide out would not open all the way, so we had to use it as it was, I tried everything form moving the slide back and forth electricly and tried the hand crank, so now it is going back to the shop tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2898.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2818   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2899.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2819   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2900.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2820   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2902.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2821  

Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #2

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you had a nice trip, except for the slide out. Hopefully it will just be some sort of adjustment.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #3

Up Date On Slide Out

The dealer called me today about the side out not openning all the way. What had happen is that the "stop Bolt" under the slide out came loose and ended up in some kind of a position to where it stopped the slide out from dropping down in position. There was no damage done, all they had to do is tighten up the bolt and open the slide out all the way and then make adjustments. I will be picking up the camper sometime this week and I will make sure all is well. I am glad that"s the only thing wrong and no parts had to be ordered.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #4

That's great. Good to hear it was an easy, inexpensive fix.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
The dealer called me today about the side out not openning all the way. What had happen is that the "stop Bolt" under the slide out came loose and ended up in some kind of a position to where it stopped the slide out from dropping down in position. There was no damage done, all they had to do is tighten up the bolt and open the slide out all the way and then make adjustments. I will be picking up the camper sometime this week and I will make sure all is well. I am glad that"s the only thing wrong and no parts had to be ordered.
That's good news, hopefully they will put some thread lock on the bolt to keep it from loosening again. Well at least you know what to look for if it happens again.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #6

Thanks for the pictures. My family stayed there for a week in 1987 and we have been talking about going back ever since. Maybe we will get there soon. I remember that it was blazing hot that week and they kept having power-outs in the afternoons. Did you have any trouble like that? Hopefully they have upgraded since then.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
That's good news, hopefully they will put some thread lock on the bolt to keep it from loosening again. Well at least you know what to look for if it happens again.
I came back from the dealer about 2 hours ago and I ask that same question and he did say they used Loc Tight. Hey Charlie I made sure to try to stay one step ahead of them.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpaofthree View Post
Thanks for the pictures. My family stayed there for a week in 1987 and we have been talking about going back ever since. Maybe we will get there soon. I remember that it was blazing hot that week and they kept having power-outs in the afternoons. Did you have any trouble like that? Hopefully they have upgraded since then.
grandpaofthree, the only problem I had is when I plugged the golf cart into the camper to charge it, so what I did was change from the 30 amp hook up to the 50 amp hook up for the camper by using a 50 to 30 adaptor then went to the camping store and bought a 30 to 15 amp adaptor and used an extension cord then connected that to the golf cart charger. All power came off of there box. The breaker trip three times in the camper before I did all of this and once this was complete I never had another problem for the two weeks we were there, and it was HOT, HOT, HOT. The ocean water was 85 degrees and did not see any jellyfish.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #9

Oh great! 85 degree water and HOT! I'm leaving next Friday, got to stop at King's Dominion on the way down. We stay there Friday, wife wants to get the kids on the roller coasters. Guess I can look forward to sweating a few pounds off, Eh?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
Oh great! 85 degree water and HOT! I'm leaving next Friday, got to stop at King's Dominion on the way down. We stay there Friday, wife wants to get the kids on the roller coasters. Guess I can look forward to sweating a few pounds off, Eh?
Make sure you have sun screen, coppertone # 50 works great for me and sweat you will. Enjoy your trip