Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
phat phrog stunt crew

kenlake state park

has anybody camped here? i called asking about side restrictions for my slides, and the lady who answered the phone seemed a little bewildered about my question. when i asked if there was enough room on the site to extend them, she said yeah, but if i bump the people next to me with them i will have to retract them. when i asked if there was any problems with trees interfering with slide outs, i was told the trees couldnt be moved . the website lists the sites as 10ft wide. is this total width or just the pad width i have to aim for. 10ft seems to me everybody would be on top of each other if its the total width.

was planning on going to the hot august blues festival, but i need to know what im getting into, or if i should look elsewhere. they also recommend 100ft of power cord as well.

any info would be appreciated. thanks in advance
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Can't help you specifically..... We've stayed at Land Between the Lakes but not at
Kenlake state park. We have stayed at numerous other KY state parks tho.... they tend
to be somewhat "old fashioned" in that the sites were set up years ago when folks were
using pop ups and travel trailers tended to be in the 20 foot range.

All you can do is look at the photo of each site you are considering. Some are
obviously short and some have plenty of side room for slides.
The photo with each site is all you've got I'm afraid.
That 10 foot wide part is the paved back in pad. Some probably aren't quite 10 wide.

We have a 25 footer with no slides and don't have problems with most of the state
parks in our state.
In many of these sites you will have to back in all the way back and un-hitch because
your entire rig is probably longer than the pad. Many folks have to park their
truck across the front of the site.
Look closely at the photos. If a site looks like its slopes it probably does!!
Shorter trailers have no problem. Long guys will have trouble getting the nose
down far enough to be level when set up.

If I lived in the area, I'd be glad to run by and take notes but we're 3 hours away.
Sorry I can't be more help.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote