Old 12-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
You'll love Bluewater, we got to spend 4 nights there this past April ... "BEAUTIFUL"

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #22

Blue water key.. Great place.. And Rita is top shelf.. Have stayed there quite a bit.. The premium sites are very spacious and private .. If you want to do some boating they have a marina that will rent/deliver one to your dock.... If you like to fish.. Lots of mangrove snapper and Cuda..

Old 12-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #23
Fulltime family RVer

Key West! Bluewater Key reservation made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjester View Post
Blue water key.. Great place.. And Rita is top shelf.. Have stayed there quite a bit.. The premium sites are very spacious and private .. If you want to do some boating they have a marina that will rent/deliver one to your dock.... If you like to fish.. Lots of mangrove snapper and Cuda..

Cuda is a reason that I would *not* fish! Scary teeth!

I'm not sure we'll deal with Rita as I rented thru .com not .net.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Let us know how the intermediate stops worked out for you as well.
We are not going down this year (obvious reasons), but hopefully we can pick up where we left off in 2016.

I would like to pick some nicer stops next time. FAMCAMPs are great; but most lack the "new" basic necessities (cable, internet, etc.).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Let us know how the intermediate stops worked out for you as well.
We are not going down this year (obvious reasons), but hopefully we can pick up where we left off in 2016.

I would like to pick some nicer stops next time. FAMCAMPs are great; but most lack the "new" basic necessities (cable, internet, etc.).

To be honest, our trip down is in a rush. I'm trying to hit a Camping World in Fayetteville, NC but I have to call them that day to see if they'll have open service parking spots that night. I'm literally just looking for a place to crash; I'd use a Walmart if I wasn't worried about my battery.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
To be honest, our trip down is in a rush. I'm trying to hit a Camping World in Fayetteville, NC but I have to call them that day to see if they'll have open service parking spots that night. I'm literally just looking for a place to crash; I'd use a Walmart if I wasn't worried about my battery.
If you start your trip with a fully charged healthy battery, one night won't hurt you. As to racing down, that is my position as well. With the supply overhead for the DW's dialysis equipment, we can't dawdle between supply dumps.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #27

I can tell you where not to stop. We made it to Homestead and it was to late to make it to Bluewater so we stopped at Suncoast. What a POS. I would stay at a Walmart before I stayed there again. Sorry that's not helpful but could save someone from a crappy night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I can tell you where not to stop. We made it to Homestead and it was to late to make it to Bluewater so we stopped at Suncoast. What a POS. I would stay at a Walmart before I stayed there again. Sorry that's not helpful but could save someone from a crappy night.

Thanks! We're staying the night before at Larry and Penny Thompson park in Miami. We should have an "easy" drive getting into Bluewater.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #29
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
If you start your trip with a fully charged healthy battery, one night won't hurt you. As to racing down, that is my position as well. With the supply overhead for the DW's dialysis equipment, we can't dawdle between supply dumps.

That's our plan. I picked out a Camping World (they have electric hookups) that I'm hoping to make. The problem is that we aren't leaving until 2pm and I don't know how DC will treat us. We'll see. If not, we are thinking of a Walmart. I'll download the list of Walmarts that allow overnight parking and we'll look for a stay for the night.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #30
Site Team

Fayetteville is not a good city.... think of Fayetteville as about as safe as baltimore... be careful overnighting in that area.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water