Old 07-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

Kings Dominion in VA

Anyone have any thoughts on Kings Dominion amusement park for grandkids already have reservations but I have never been just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Nice park but busy an weekends, lots of coasters but also rides for the smaller ones. Shuttle from the campground is good and drops you off at the front gate.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

Campground has been redone and looks very nice... there are buddy camping spots, cabins and other full hook up sites. Friends of ours love camping there and go yearly (we are going this year as well with them). Some of the upgrades though, did end up leaving many spots without shade...

The park is improved over previous years, and has some new rides and updates to the park. It is an amusement park... there are tons of "things" to do there!
Deciding if the full time lifestyle is for us...
Mobilemikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #4

If you like obnoxious people.....the sound of basketballs being dribbled non-stop....piped in sound system so loud that you can't have a normal conversation....safety harness on most rides smell like old wet towels that have mildewed...groups of people who insist on walking 5 or more abreast...then you're going to love it. We are season pass holders. It tends to draw lots of folks from around the NOVA area of Va.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #5

What memories this raises for me! We lived about an hour from Kings Dominion for fifteen years when our kids were growing up. We went once or twice a year. Their campground was the first we camped in with our new pop-up and used for the shake down trip prior to camping in West Virginia. I remember one day when we took the girls after both of us worked nights the night before. We were exhausted after being up for 24 hours, but what fun we had! I have not been there in twenty years. The girls are grown with their own families and we live in Florida now (moved back home when we were in our late 30's) so Disney World is where we take our grand children. We have moved up to a TT, but we still have many years until we retire.

I hope you enjoy your visit there. I cannot speak to the state of things since it has been so long since I visited, but thanks for the trip down memory lane!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #6
Chuck from Maryland

Campground upgrades very nice. Been season pass holders for years. We are heading there tomorrow with grandkids thru tuesday. Amusement park crowded on weekends. .but still nice getaway.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #7

We are going up on a Monday leaving on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums