Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #1

Lake George RV park

After reading so many good reviews on the Lake average RV Park we booked it for a few nights over Labor Day Weekend this September. We've never been to this area so I'm trying to decide on whether to pull my wife's car behind our motorhome or leave it home. I see there is a trolley that takes you to Lake George, but looks like it's only on Saturdays in September. We will be taking bikes with us so we can get around a little bit that way too. It seems like there is a lot to do at the campground also. I'd just like to know from those who've been there about things you "have to see" in the area that we may need our car for. Also, restaurant recommendations. About a 5 hour drive from where we live in Pa. So not too big of a deal to tow her car, but if I don't need it I'd rather not take it. Thanks in advance for replies.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #2

Depends on how much sightseeing you want to do. For example, Lake Placid is about 1 - 1 1/2 hours away. Many Olympic sites to visit if you're into that. Saratoga area has many things as well. That's about 30 minutes south. We like to sightsee, so I can't imagine us not having a car. It's a very rural area, with miles between communities. If you're the type to kick back by the fire with your feet up, the car is less of an issue. Take the shuttle into town and walk on Canada Street.

2014 Sportscoach Cross Country 405FK
2015 GMC Acadia
afd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

We do like to sightsee. Just thinking we have 2 full days so I wasn't sure if we could keep busy at the lake and campground for those days or if there is a lot to see that we would need a car. We have several months to check out all of the places up there. I have a feeling I may take the car just in case.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #4

The rv park is great not tons of entertainment in the park itself. Nice paved biking loops and nice paved roads. Small pond and nice landscaping. You could walk or ride around the campground for half a day. Lake George village could keep you busy for a few days. But it might be far on the bike, prob 5 miles. There are some outlet shopping and other attractions about one mile from the campground. There is a trolley from campground to the outlets and there is a lake George municipal trolly that stops in the campground. I think it's a dollar. Great place lots to see. If u can make use of the trolly on one day for the village you will have plenty to do the other day with the bikes. Leave the car.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote