Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #1

Smile Lake Raystown

We are just back from a long weekend to visit our son at Juniata College in hundington Pa. We stayed at Lake Raystown resort and conference center. It was Beautiful. The fall foliage (peak season) was spectacular. They have a lot of really nice sites flanking the lake and some really nice wooded sites. I would go back in the summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	20981  
jaydash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #2

Nice picture!

I grew up spending weekends at Lake Raystown as a child. Have you tried the COE park at Seven Points?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #3

Thanks the trees were beautiful. this was our first time to the area. we are from Pittsburgh and my son just started at Juniata , so we will be going back on a regular basis. I will look into the Seven Points area I heard its a very nice campground. I'm really looking forwardto going in the warmer weather to enjoy some lake activities.
Lisa
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #4

We stayed at Lake Raystown over the summer and it is beautiful at the lake, however I think there are few choice sites at least for larger campers. I don't know if they have any septic sites at all so you have to get pumped out and line up at the pumping station.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #5

Did you stay at the resort and conference center or seven points? I hear seven points is nice.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #6

We were at the resort and conference center. I use to have a camp right up the road from there so I know the area well, however that was the first time Iwas at the resort campground. Seven points is nice but I never camped there. Camping is new to us so have a lot to learn. We are now full timers and loving it. Right now we are in Myrtle Beach until December 31 and then we are off to Florida until we return to PA in April.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #7

That was our first trip out. I never camped before. My other half talked for years about buying an RV. I told him I'd give it the old colllege try. Now I'm hooked. Wish we were heading out soon but we still have to work can't wait to retire. Hoping for a trip in January.I love Myrtle beach. Let me know how the campground you choose is. Enjoy Fla. and hope for an early spring here in Pa. We are home based in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #8

We are at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Tight sites but very nice. 50 yards from the beach but it's been rainy and cool here. Lots to do here, we will stay again. We just retired and we love it. We are from York PA.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #9

Sounds wonderful! My oldest son went to Gettysburg college so we spent some time in your neck of the woods.As a matter of fact he still spend time with friends there,even though he currently lives in Maryland. I was hoping he would stay in that area I so enjoyed spending time there. Enjoy the Beach.