Old 01-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #1

Land Between The Lakes: Hillman Ferry

Just booked 4 nights with kids and fellow family RV'ers at Hillman Ferry. Looking for some photos of the campground, sites and general info. Any help would be appreciated!!

Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #2

I live not far from there. It is a great area. When are you heading this way? I will see if I can't get you some good intell on that CG

Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #3

Berkley Lakes

We stayed at a campsite over at Berkley Lakes, it is a Corp of Engineers Park, great view of the lake, good fishing, great Host, clean Bathrooms and the Best Cat-Fish Meal you'll ever have right there in the little town close by, we will go back again one day soon.
LKicklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Just booked 4 nights with kids and fellow family RV'ers at Hillman Ferry. Looking for some photos of the campground, sites and general info. Any help would be appreciated!!
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge707 View Post
I live not far from there. It is a great area. When are you heading this way? I will see if I can't get you some good intell on that CG

We booked for July-its going to be warm but today its 25F and snow so my mind might be skewed!!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
We stayed at a campsite over at Berkley Lakes, it is a Corp of Engineers Park, great view of the lake, good fishing, great Host, clean Bathrooms and the Best Cat-Fish Meal you'll ever have right there in the little town close by, we will go back again one day soon.
LKicklight
I am assuming you stayed at Canal COE just outside of Grand rivers...I tried to get a site there but I assume many have pulled the 6 month window trick as for the last 3 weeks i have been trying to gauge the availability of a full hook up site with little success. Most all of the primo sites are booked solid even with logging on the site at the exact right moment. Before I learned how the system works...I even set my alarm for midnight to get a primo site at tablerock lake. Our first 1/2 of the summer is already booked. Stinks you need to do that.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #6

Berkly lake

This campground is a Corp of Engineers site, no doubt it would be closed presently during the winter, with that said, reservations would not be possible at this time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
I am assuming you stayed at Canal COE just outside of Grand rivers...I tried to get a site there but I assume many have pulled the 6 month window trick as for the last 3 weeks i have been trying to gauge the availability of a full hook up site with little success. Most all of the primo sites are booked solid even with logging on the site at the exact right moment. Before I learned how the system works...I even set my alarm for midnight to get a primo site at tablerock lake. Our first 1/2 of the summer is already booked. Stinks you need to do that.
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 01-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #7

I just got done booking at Hillman Ferry Campground for the week of April13th and the full hookup sites were almost full. This will be our first trip in our new TT. Weather here today -25 wind chill. CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #8

Commercial Park

Is this a privately owned campground? As a rule most of the National and Corp parks are closed during this period of time. Skeleton crews I believe take care of the campgrounds when no one is there: Take care and stay warm, come on down Marietta, GA on April 4,5,6 & 7 for our Georgia FROG Rally at Jim Miller Park:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingeiwitz View Post
I just got done booking at Hillman Ferry Campground for the week of April13th and the full hookup sites were almost full. This will be our first trip in our new TT. Weather here today -25 wind chill. CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 01-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #9

Is this (Lake Barkley)in Ky.? Youroo!!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #10

Yes its Lake Barkley. The CG is closed but you can still pick out a site online.