Old 06-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #11

We are going for two days. Looking for something close to bridge and lots of nature. This is the first long trip in our new tt. Only staying two nights and we aren't taking the kids. I like the looks of the big park but don't know if we want so big.
Water and elec are a must tho.
Thanks for all the info. Love this site so far

Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
We're leaving from northern Illinois on July 7 to spend a week or so in Ontario (Teeswater) at a family reunion followed by a trip through Michigan at Frankenmuth, Leland, Mackinaw City and over the bridge (for the first time) and around to Door County to stay at Egg Harbor for a few days. I'm hopeful that everything goes well, customs into and out of Canada, and the trip around Lake Michigan. Thanks for posting all of you. The first time is always a bit scary.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #13

Sallen80 - re: Mill Creek Campground

My first trip - Lansing to Mackinaw City was last week and I stayed at Mill Creek Campground near Mackinaw City. It's great! People are nice; facilities very nice. I was able to get a spot right on the water facing the bridge. The view of the bridge and island was wonderful.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacdan45 View Post
We're leaving from northern Illinois on July 7 to spend a week or so in Ontario (Teeswater) at a family reunion followed by a trip through Michigan at Frankenmuth, Leland, Mackinaw City and over the bridge (for the first time) and around to Door County to stay at Egg Harbor for a few days. I'm hopeful that everything goes well, customs into and out of Canada, and the trip around Lake Michigan. Thanks for posting all of you. The first time is always a bit scary.
Nice trip planned! I have a favorite CG, Holiday Park (pic) outside Traverse City.
And Door County is AWSOME and you only planned a couple of days? Lots to do & see up there. After that the CGs along Lake Michigan are pretty slim picking to Milwaukee. Have Fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	81580  
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Nice trip planned! I have a favorite CG, Holiday Park (pic) outside Traverse City.
And Door County is AWSOME and you only planned a couple of days? Lots to do & see up there. After that the CGs along Lake Michigan are pretty slim picking to Milwaukee. Have Fun.
I think we're going to be at Leland 4 days and Egg Harbor 5 days total. We've been all over Michigan and I lived there from 1945 to 1986, so this is just our first trip camping at some of these places, including Egg Harbor. Our ride home on 7/31 is a single day, so we will be set on campgrounds. In Wisconsin we've camped in Madison. On our car trip around Lake Michigan we were facinated by the history and the beautiful scenery in Wisconsin and Michigan. Hope to see more of the upper peninsula someday. This is our longest trip to day. Yikes!

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote