Old 01-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #21

We stayed at the Myrle Beach state park last year and loved it. Going back this summer as well. Nice sites, comfortable campground, stayed in loop 2 and was less than 400 yards from the beach.

Delaware Seashore State Park also just added some full hook-up sites and is right on the beach. Haven't stayed there yet, but will try it out this summer

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #22

Try Anastasia State Recreation Area. Close in to St Augustine and to the beach. Last I checked it was $35 a night for a very private campsite. Prices vary depending on location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums Retired Army Pathfinder Vietnam vet.

Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #23

Following this thread. Been married 21 yrs and the only beach we've seen have been Ga coastlines ....
Old 01-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It's well beyond your 8 or 9 hours from western PA, but in Florida, there is a campground right on the water:
Welcome To Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort | Beverly Beach Camptown

In Maryland, I feel like either the state or national park at Assateague is quite close to the beach. Very limited hookups (only electric at one or the other).

I actually don't know of anywhere else that's on the water. None of the NJ campgrounds that I know of are beachfront.

I just found this from Google:
Ocean Front RV Parks in Virginia | USA Today

I also found comments on this one, "Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina".
Hunting Island State Park is a great park. We go there often, but getting a reservation is very hard. SC just changed their reservation rules. You can now book 13 months in advance instead of 12. This State Park is very popular and they do have beach front campsites. Good luck getting one. I live 15 miles from the park and I've had a beach front site once. Most of my visits to this park have been because someone cancelled at the last minute and I scooped it up. We will be there this weekend, not beach front. If you can get a reservation, go for it. Very quiet and peaceful.
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

Thanks, BombDoc- I'm looking at sites for June, so I'm not sure I'll be able to snag something.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #26

Not sure where in Western PA you are, but Pymatuning is just a short drive from anywhere around here, and the best lakeshore campground is Bayshore on the Ohio side. Gorgeous sites, nice pool and hot tub. We bought property close to the lake, so we don't stay at Bayshore anymore, but I highly recommend it!

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps45120 View Post
Not sure where in Western PA you are, but Pymatuning is just a short drive from anywhere around here, and the best lakeshore campground is Bayshore on the Ohio side. Gorgeous sites, nice pool and hot tub. We bought property close to the lake, so we don't stay at Bayshore anymore, but I highly recommend it!
We actually stayed on the Ohio side last October. Got a spot right on the lake!! We were able to put in with our kayaks right from our campsite!! It was great!!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #28

Tom's Cove campground in Chincoteague Va.has a row of lots right on the Assateague channel. Great scenery and from the CG just a short drive to Assateague beach.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #29

Seashore Camp Sites in Cape May is nice. 5 minute ride to beach or nice bike ride into town.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #30

If you don't mind dry camping or have a generator we LOVE to camp at Assateague National Park in MD. It's so quiet, the beach is never crowded, you can kayak on the bay, wild ponies wander through your campsite, and it's a 5 minute drive to all the amenities at Ocean City. For a GREAT lakefront camping experience I suggest Promised Land state park in PA. Amazing!!!

Tags
mpg